• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Exploits, some stuff with Davy Jones and his ship

I went back and tried a few scenarios. If any NPCs were nearby, my rep dropped. Never had the merchant cower, though. Then I tried poisoning a merchant with two guards looking. My rep dropped a little more substantially, but the guards didn't react. When I poisoned one of the guards, however, all hoo-ha broke loose.

Interesting note: if you simply walk up and poison a merchant, you only get their money. If you look at their inventory first, you can get everything they have. Just make sure you can get to where the merchant's body might fall. Some booths can't be walked through.
That is because now the inventory of the merchant is only created once you start trading. it's one of the things I still want to change one day ...

I don't know if the game checks for other people seeing you throwing things
I don't think the game is quite that advanced.

Interesting note: if you simply walk up and poison a merchant, you only get their money. If you look at their inventory first, you can get everything they have. Just make sure you can get to where the merchant's body might fall. Some booths can't be walked through.
Indeed the item tree is generated when you first look at a merchant's inventory.

That is because now the inventory of the merchant is only created once you start trading. it's one of the things I still want to change one day ...
That would be good. Now if you land at a beach and sneak into a port, the item traders have no money or stock and the Store keepers have no personal items other than pistol bullets and powder (sometimes).

Back