• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Extra Atmosphere Mod v1.1 (Need testing)

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
The aim of this mod is to add some atmospheric things to the game.
The mod has the following features:

- Tavern Girl talks to you after spending the night then leaves
- Tavern has some more guests

The following features are still planned:

- Tavern Girl judges your performance
- Drinks you buy in a tavern have effect
- When having very high or very low rep there will be gossip about you
- Ability to give gifts to persons to get them to like you
- Have a wild party in the tavern
- Have a party on deck to get the morale up
- Have a prissoner walk the plank

Now I believe all of these things are possible and I will try to add them. Suggestions or other things are always welcome :).

I sugest changing these values in the internal settings (to what I have here)
Code:
#define TIME_BETWEEN_DLG                220        // INT - Default=120, Time in seconds between the same citizen auto-starting dialog is somewhere between this and 2x this.
#define TIME_BETWEEN_DLG_ALL            160        // INT - Default=30, Time in seconds between any citizens auto-starting dialog is somewhere between this and 2x this.

Most recent version is included in the WIP version of the build mod

Last edited:
- Have a prissoner walk the plank
Love that one "extra grog for anyone who thinks of something "interesting" to do with a prisoner!"

Sounds good! I like it! :cheers

As for prisoners, at the moment the code has them either hanged or fed to the sharks, with accompanying video.
Not sure how you'd want to handle "walking the plank", but I'd definitely welcome it. More piratey goodness is always fun! :cheeky

Well I was thinking of making a little scene with some crew on deck and the prissoner slowly walking of the side of the ship or something like that. I haven't completly figured it out yet :p.

Any "falling" wouldn't work without anywhere to fall to though. So there'd have to be a walk patch on sea level or something.
Otherwise you get the effect of side-stepping next to the piers: You just float in mid-air.

Id love to see it that they fall into water and swim away, they can despawn IF they make it a reasonable distance from ship. This allows further prisoner fun of using them as target practice with the cannons or simply running them down with ship!

Or maybe lowering in a dinghy at open sea so you can use them as target practice (like in the 4th potc movie).

Generate a small, enemy boat at sea, eh? Should be possible if you use the DirectSail encounter code.

For walking the plank, you may have to pull a "Jack Rackham" and do teleports to various locators to simulate falling.
It wouldn't be smooth, but it'd get the point across. Otherwise a walk patch would have to be made down in the water below.

I've added something new. You should notive a bit more population everywhere already (let me know if this causes problems) and in the tavern there are some more guests. During the day there will be some guards there who are off duty. During the night it will be populated with sailors mostly.

The download is in the first post. Also read the note there about the internalsettings

Which other locations should I also take care of?

Uhm... haven't the foggiest, really. Maybe some special characters on the two plantations we have in the game?

Uhm... haven't the foggiest, really. Maybe some special characters on the two plantations we have in the game?
I still got a lot of ideas but I'm always open for sugestions :).

While being a bit high on meds I think I came up with a way to actually play pirate dice trough dialog. Still have to test it but maybe I will add that to some people on your ship so you can play a game with them while sailing.

adding a gambling dialog to crew is easy yes. I believe it even happens on a rare occation.
But the gamble interface is not suited for pirate dice (espeically with more than 1 player, and its way more fun with 3 oponents then 1).

If I got it to work I will see if I can add it there. Still working on the sidequests also. Got a lot going on atm :p.

I've added something new. You should notive a bit more population everywhere already (let me know if this causes problems) and in the tavern there are some more guests. During the day there will be some guards there who are off duty. During the night it will be populated with sailors mostly.

The download is in the first post. Also read the note there about the internalsettings
I tried this and now I got this: Clipboard01.jpg :facepalm

Attachments

• error.log
    104 bytes · Views: 208
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 176
Back