• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Extra Atmosphere Mod v1.1 (Need testing)

Ah I see what happend I think.
Do you still use the officer update which was released but then pulled back?

This file also adds something to the common_quest and that did also. So because you've overwritten it now that part is gone.

I don't remember. Maybe? So, what should I do? I can't run the game anymore.

Ah wait Pieter posted another update there and this was still a old version of the file in my modpack :p.
There is a new one in the main post now. download that and it should work again

Alright! Its all GOOD again! :dance:beer:

Attachments

• compile.log
    34.8 KB · Views: 113
  • system.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 94
Have fun with it and like to know your toughts

yeah, about that..i got into a bar fight and died..damn those drunk officers killing me and themselves! but i like it! heheh:rumgone:duel::onya:pflag

Well don't be a traitor then :p. They shouldn't attack you unless you are either an enemy of the country or if you are a traitor :p.

Barfights are quite interesting tough with so many people in the bar :p.

And that is why I compile stuff together in one modpack. Whenever you install anything new from the forum,
you should do so manually using WinMerge to make sure you catch potential incompatibilities.

"Have a wild party in the tavern" and "Ability to judge your performance after spending the night with you". I see this mod is taking the correct Sex Villa direction :Dlol

Cheers Gentlemen,

now that sounds interesting indeed.

May I ask if this is actually part of Build 3.1?

Thanks,
Skyworm

Cheers,

and one more:
Ist it part of this mod that I am attacked by city soldiers in tavers - for no appearent reason?
This happens in a fairly new started game, I am at neutral relations with the dutch, and I am attacked by soldiers in the tavern. The dialogue indicates they seem to search for me ... I just don't know why.

Or is this what's called a tavern brawl?

Thanks

:cheers

That is just some extra atmosphere. A long time ago there were random tavern brawls, then they went away. Now they are back! :duel:

Those were supposed to be enabled by the Crewmembers on Shore mod.

Cheers mateys,

after playing a while with this, I can say that I generally like the ideas. More atmosphere is a fine thing in most cases.

But ... you may make me walk the plank for saying that ... I hate the tavern brawls. Yes, really.
They would add to atmosphere if they were more logical and preventable. Or if they had a possible less deadly outcome.

But as they are the just add a new chance to loose your life or a prized officer.
Tavern Brawls start for no appearent reason. They can not be prevented or avoided ... for sometimes you just need the tavern. So you are just attacked by guards for no reason and the only choice is being killed or kill them. I don't like it that way. The whole situation is nasty and in my play, it just leads to two actions:
Save game before entering a tavern and saving before leaving a bedroom in tavern (fights after leaving a bedroom are exceptionally nasty because at least one of my officers then reaches the stairs before me and has to do all the fight alone and mostly will guaranteed die. So I just stand there and watch my officer die. Can do nothing about it but watch and wait who is next)
Or ... kick all offcers out of the party and switch to godmode.
But both does not add to any immersion.

It would be much better if ...
... a brawl is by chance triggered by players actions.
For example, if I do one of the annnounced big partys in a tavern, there is a chance for guards to emerge and stop that. But even then they wouldn't just cut anyone down, hm?
Or if there is a talk option with the guards - any alternative to just get killed or kill them. Possibly a bribe or just a do what they want - such as leave the tavern, let yourself be arrested for a night or something like that. But Guards shall not be killers, they shall watch for law and order. If innocent people are just cut down for nothing, this is not immersive.
Possibly make it that the guards only go after hostile characters. When I, as a privateer, go into a tavern in an enemy port it makes sense the guards will look out for me.
But it doesn't make sense in a town with that I am at peace with, imho.

But this game really doesn't need another chance to instantly die without being able to do anything to avoid it. If that would be the case, I'd suggest thinking about "struck by lightning from blue sky".

Hope this will not be misunderstood. I love atmosphere, and a caribbean that lives and breathes and looks alive. And most of the ideas posted here go in a very fine direction, and I'm looking forward to it.

Those tavern brawls can be annoying early in the game, but I have not seen one in quite some time. Methinks they are somehow related to your reputation and level.

I did save a lot early on but do not bother anymore.

Back