• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Extra Atmosphere Mod v1.1 (Need testing)

Well, I do like the idea of your officers actually getting something to do.

One thing I had always hoped to add is for your bosun to talk to you when you get on your ship's deck about all sorts of ship affairs.
That is actually why I added the "visit deck" stage between 3D sailing mode and anchoring.
But that never happened, so not that feature is a bit.... useless. :facepalm

How 'bout adding a new item: "Letter of Marque" - for realism's sake/purposes. :) (equip-able )
IMG_0007.JPG
images.jpg

EDIT: Few additional:
1. Guards or soldiers will arrest you, if hostile to that nation, w/o LoM(equipped).
2. Guards or soldiers will recognize you if having a high rank to that nation. (will not ask for papers anymore)
3. Store & (some)Tavern owners will require your papers when entering their building.

Last edited:
Oh! And how 'bout adding the "Do you have any idea who I am?" thing of the Mount & Blade: Warband?
- well, this gets available when you get very famous when a drunkard/bandit/smuggler/pirate will challenge you to a fight.
And he/she will reply in fear recognizing you. You will decide then whether to still engage or not with the challenger(s). :)

Did nobody notice the Raiders and Rapers etc where gone in the jungles. Or surivors on the beach etc?
I just notices I accidentally disabled them. I will post a update soon to fix this.

Dunno either but according to the code they should be there. But the encounter code is so f*cked up that I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't ever created

There is a dead soldier on a beach in Davey Jones, and there is a soldier on a beach in Bartholomeu or Assassin methinks.

Those are just quest characters; I'm pretty sure Levis doesn't mean those....

The code talks about These things, but it could very well be unfinished code. wouldnt be the first I find...

This should fix it. Also the fact that gibbs sometimes has a split personality.
You will find Gibbs now at different places in the tavern (had to do it to fix it).
It also fixes:
- Made moon states translateable
- Added Toughness as locked perk
- Unlock Toughness by impressing raiders

Please test it, it's a lot of files which are changed so chances are I made some mistakes. It's not done yet, you will notice the jungle is quite bussy now at times. I have to rewrite more but first made it working again and moved some things. Now I can make more order in it but I wanna know if I had all the files. If I missed some you will probally get errors during the start or a nice errorlog.

Attachments

• LEVIS FIXES.zip
    111.3 KB · Views: 133
Tested it. And I must say, it gets a little difficult and tricky now to to get the "Toughness" ability. I tried several times to trigger the ambush at random Jungles and it seems it triggers best at night? 'cause during the day I had no luck with them raiders just a sure hit fight with random sailors. I had a lot of fight first and some other stuffs before I got that ability.

Anyway:
  • There's this thing that keeps popping up when I am spawned to another location and such: seadogs2_0000.png
  • And yeah, the attempted rape scenario's are back: seadogs2_0001.png seadogs2_0002.png
  • And some screenies when I got the "Toughness ability":D: seadogs2_0003.png seadogs2_0005.png :cheers
EDIT: About the last screenie, how 'bout changing the word "learn" to "teach" ? :cheeky or is it supposed to be that way? :oops:

Attachments

• compile.log
    53.5 KB · Views: 110
  • error.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 106
  • system.log
    21.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I need to take a break from GOF2 anyway, so I'll try this out.

EDIT: I started a new game and it seems I already have most of the perks. Went up a level and still can't give meself a perk.

Last edited:
Thanks Davy Jack.
The toughness perk used to be locked untill you reached level 15 (or 10 dont remember) so it is allowed to be a bit tricky ;).
The raiders should be present always but during the day there are higher chances for other things so then its possible they wont be generated that quick. I still need to work on it more. I just moved some stuff so everything can work next to each other now. Now I have to get everything together in 1 system (there are 4 different systems for encounters now in the code all generating different stuff). After I've done that I can balance it.
Oh and it seems I left in a little bit of debug code. tough I had everything. Will remove that.

@Hylie Pistof what do you mean? Only a few are locked as of yet. I still have to do the others but haven't had time for it yet. I hope to have that done somewhere tomorrow so it can be included in the new WIP update.

Yes, my character there when I tested it was level 15, exactly and died some time(s) there, glad it wasn't game over there 'cause I forgot to save.......worth it! :D:p

Yes, my character there when I tested it was level 15, exactly and died some time(s) there, glad it wasn't game over there 'cause I forgot to save.......worth it! :D:p
You now need to be at least level 8. If you are under level 15 they will offer it to you but you have to pay for it. If you are leve 15 and up they give it for free :).

What do I mean? I am at level 3 and can not give meself a perk as I already have all of them except for the locked ones. :shrug

Can you send me your savegame cause I just tried a new savegame and I don't have that problem ....

You even added some dialogue to go with the learning of the Toughness ability? Nice touch! :onya

Back