• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Extra Atmosphere Mod v1.1 (Need testing)

Ok, it is confusing to me. All of the perks that were not locked had a check mark next to them which made me think they were already enabled. Then out of curiosity I clicked on them and was able to enable them. Then the check marks disappeared. So I'm thinking the check mark system is working backwards.
Here are all of my saves so far today so you can see the progression.

Attachments

• LaCroix.7z
    875.2 KB · Views: 170
Those check marks indeed also threw me for a bit of a spin.
They indicate the perks that you can get, not the ones you already HAVE.

This system needs more work because when those check marks disappear you do not know which perks you do have.

ok I will put the checkmarks to the ones you have already
The perks you have should show up as a colored picture while the others are in greyscale

We never had those checkmarks before. And the "which ones you can/can't get" was already shown with the colour of the numbers, right?
So they're basically just doubling up information, if I understand correctly.

We never had those checkmarks before. And the "which ones you can/can't get" was already shown with the colour of the numbers, right?
So they're basically just doubling up information, if I understand correctly.
The checkmarks where there always in the code. I only rewritten most of it and didn't remember anymore what the checkmarks did so I gave them a use. Seems they where kind of disabled in the past already :p. I believe they do appear in the stock potc.

Like this?

beta3 2014-04-24 14-52-19-15.jpg

Yes, as you see the basic defense is now in color. That means you have it. The ones which are locked you can easily see and the ones which you dont have are in grey. But I will add a checkmarks to the ones you have to make it easier to see.

I have a checkmark to some perks that I still did not activate but are in grey.

So meaning, the check mark is put there when it gets available for you to enable/activate?
But if no checkmark, even if you have the amount of AP needed, you still can't get it.

Its like, it's also locked but w/o the lock icon. It gets unlocked(checked) when you reach a certain level...?

As far as I understand, at the moment the check-marks indicate the abilities you CAN get, but do not have yet.

Okay a bunch of fixes:

- Now shows the checkmark only if you have the perk
- Shows a locked icon also in the perk detail window if the required perk is locked
- Added a lot of locked perks and theire unlock option
- Added a setting in the internal setting if you want hints how to unlock the perk of not. This is set by default on NO HINTS
- Changed a few settings about people talking to you in the internal settings
- Changed 2 values for the worldmap encounters so there is a bit less military a a few more merchants and pirates
- Removed the dialog file for random sailors which initiated tavern brawls.
- Made some things translatable
- Removed the debug message

Still working on the land encounters to get it a bit better but for now haven't touched it yet. It's working fine altough it can be a bit bussy at times in the jungle ;).

Please test it soon. If something really significant is wrong I can change that in the next 3 hours or so. After that I will be gone untill monday. And pieter want to make an update before then.

On the "unlocking hints": Could that be linked to the difficulty level? Eg. on Apprentice they will always show?

Please test it soon. If something really significant is wrong I can change that in the next 3 hours or so. After that I will be gone untill monday. And pieter want to make an update before then.
Well, I could wait until Tuesday with making the update. If necessary.

On the "unlocking hints": Could that be linked to the difficulty level? Eg. on Apprentice they will always show?
I tought about linking it to the realism settings but locking it to the difficulty sounds nice actually. Will implement that next time. Or you could do it. There is only 1 case where it is used. Just changed that (in perks.c) to the difficulty you want and you can remove it from the internal settings.
Well, I could wait until Tuesday with making the update. If necessary.
Nah don't do it. I'd like the feedback, and you get it best by having a WIP update. Besides that I'd like to have a good version again also, so I install that version clean again also.

I tought so too indeed.
I think I will add one more check which checks for required perks on the overview. And if one of the required perks is locked it will show that perks as locked too. Altough I'm not 100% sure about that yet .. Have to think about it. Maybe I can do something else with it. At least I will make the number stay blue then. So you know only the gold numbered perks can be taken altough I'm not 100% sure about that too cause it could actually make it more difficult to understand.

I forgot to include 1 file (the description of the new skillbooks).
Its included in this update.

Attachments

• LEVIS FIXES 3.zip
    211.8 KB · Views: 163
I tought about linking it to the realism settings but locking it to the difficulty sounds nice actually. Will implement that next time. Or you could do it. There is only 1 case where it is used. Just changed that (in perks.c) to the difficulty you want and you can remove it from the internal settings.
I'll see about doing that myself when making the next update.

Nah don't do it. I'd like the feedback, and you get it best by having a WIP update. Besides that I'd like to have a good version again also, so I install that version clean again also.
Alrightee; I'll probably make it on Monday then, so you'll be able to get it when you are here again. :doff

Back