• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Extreme difficult missions

Ha, i knew that you will have problems with Jackman, i was already looking out for your complainings xD

You have to do this quest with the Polacre, which i also don´t like at all but it is a requirement of the game which you can also read in your logbook. Jackman will only let you get close if you use the Polacre with a French flag. You have to pay 600 gold doubloons to Fadey afterwards to get rid of headhunters.

I can only help you by telling you 2 possibilities:

1. The hard way: You destroy 50% of his sails with chainshot from secure distance and after kill his crew with grapeshot by fast near attacks, sail away after every fast attack and return till you see a realistic chance for boarding. Use maximum crew and 3 boarding officers for your Polacre. Your savefiles are not helpful in this case.

2. The easier way: My newest trick, which i found out last week, is to save your game on the worldmap in Sabo Matila Cove and reload till a spanish naval squadron attacks your Polacre (don´t try this with pirates because they will also attack you). Enter to seamode then and let Jackman fight with the spanish squadron till he lost 80% of his crew (take care that he doesn´t get sunk before boarding). Meanwhile take care to destroy a bit the sails of all of them from secure distance, so that they must fight against eachother. After you win boarding, sail away from everyone as fast as you can. You can leave Jackman´s ship alone with Danielle, so that she will take care of the rest. For you the quest is done in that moment and you don´t have to worry about the rest. The game takes care of it automaticly. I was really enjoying this tactic.

Good luck for everything :onya

Attachments

• 1. Polacre vs. Jackman vs. Squadron.jpg
    1. Polacre vs. Jackman vs. Squadron.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 251
  • 2. Boarding Jackman after fight.jpg
    2. Boarding Jackman after fight.jpg
    940.2 KB · Views: 565
  • 3. Escaping the rest of the squadron.jpg
    3. Escaping the rest of the squadron.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Holy crap it's impossible... this surely is one of the stupidest missions; I can't believe they are developing new DLCs with probably more stupid missions than the ones we already have.

He must have at least 52 lb cannons.. I even tried with 7 spanish naval squadron and he wipes them all out single handily. Anyone he boards, he boards and loses no more than 5% crew...

it's just crazy

Edit:
I tried again and this time jackman got sunk by enemy ships... is it alright? or it is necessary for me to board him?

Last edited:
New Edit:
Finished jackman finally.
I'm pretty uptight about the impossibility of such missions :modding:modding

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 188
  • QuickSave.zip
    991.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Well done! The missions are not impossible at all. Also your kind of crashes normaly only occur if you don´t use Windows 7. Anyway, i could finish that job for you but only by using your special bottle of poison from your chest because i´m not used to fight with Foils/Rapiers and your kind of armor. I´m only using the Horseman´s axe with Trench cuirass armor. I had a very hard time to beat Jackman and still tremble from that. I really like to help you in every way i can but i don´t want to fight for you again. If you would use Win7, you could manage that all alone or if you use it already, then it´s time to make a knew installation of the game because after a long time of playing, it starts to get sensitive sometimes. You could also try to repeat your save in Win7 compatibility mode. Anyway, you can continue with my save now, as i won and looted everything for you, or you have to try again yourself if you mind that i used your special bottle of poison to win.

Attachments

• SAVE.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
And I have a little trick for you:
Go to church, and keep paying 5000 donation.. every 2 to 3 donations you increase reputation!

Now I spent 200k and I am honest adventurer :)

I was the one in this thread that told you that priests can only increase reputation and gypsies can increase health. But 200k is a lot of money to recover from being a monster after JR. Maybe it´s worth it, i don´t know.

Well when you have more than enough, then why not spend some money?

And btw, can I ask for a favor... can you check this save file and tell me what is wrong.
I killed Levaseur in Tortuga, but when I escape the dungeon, I am stuck...

Unfortunately Mary and my other 2 boarders also died in this battle, and I think I lost her forever.
But good thing is I managed to get Levasseur's key without reloading the file, so I killed them all in one go.
But the problem after finishing and exiting dungeon.. don't know what is wrong :unsure

Attachments

• Tortuga Streets 1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 134
Looks pretty much like a bug because you can´t even use your fast travel menu. But anyway, if i were you, i would repeat the whole quest because there are different ways to play it and you were chosing the worst one. Also it is not good to loose Mary because she is one of the best boarders of the game and not worth it to get lost like that. Levasseur's key is not so important like you think. It only opens his private chest with more or less unimportant treasures inside. The biggest problem is, that you miss to get the coordinates and day of appearance of the best Man O War ship of the whole game. I can show you a much better way to play this quest:

1. After talking to Steven Dodson in Sharptown, sail to St. Johns in Antigua to talk to Benjamin Jones in the governor´s residence. But bevor you can talk to him, you must talk to the barkeeper first and after to the people in the church, or he will not speak with you!

2. Then sail to Basse Terre in Guadeloupe to talk to Rober Marten in der Tavern. But bevor you can talk to him, you must talk to the barkeeper first, or he will not speak with you!

3. Then sail to Isla de Tesoro and talk to Steven Dodson again, or you will not be rewarded from Colonel Fox for bringing back his daughter later on.

4. Then sail to Tortuga to meet Thibaut in the bedroom of the tavern past 8 PM. But bevor you can talk to him, you must talk to the barkeeper first, or you won´t meet him! Don´t look for Rober Marten again or you will not be able to board his ship later on!

5. Now you have to fight Levasseur and two of his companiens in Thibaut´s room. Like this you can´t loose Mary or other boarders because you have to do this alone (you should use Ometochli Tincture for that). After you won the fight, loot Levasseur´s body for his key and escape through the window. Run over the rooftops and be prepared with Elixir because the guards will try to kill you from the street with their muskets. At the end of the way jump into the water and swim a little bit to the right, till you see a cave were you have to kill Thibaut and meet Mary and Thibout´s hostage Cathrine Fox, whom you have to bring back to her father in St. John´s later on.

6. But before you have to walk to Mary in the cave and press your left mouse button, when the unlock symbol appears. Like that you are back on your ship and get attacked by Rober Marten´s ship. Don´t fight or board him in the harbour of Tortuga. Sail away slowly and wait till he is following you. As soon as you are out of the harbour, attack and board Rober´s ship. Don´t forget to loot his chest in the cabin to get the documents for the Man O War ship. The coordinates are 18°40 north and 72°10 west and the date of appearence is written in the document. I tell you that because of a bug which prevents the coordinates to be shown in the document.

This is the best way to play this quest and the only one which i support.

Last edited:
Oh crap I guess I'm a bit late for that.. my last save is in Tortuga in Henri house.. all others I deleted.
So I guess I will keep trying the other way until the bug goes away :(

EDIT: I guess i will use the SAVE file you provided last, when you killed jackman...
I really hate that Jessica ghost quest, too much :)

Last edited:
You could still use my last save that i uploaded for you after i won the fight with Jackman. So nothing must be lost, it´s all up to you. :)

And for the future i would recommend you to always keep older saves because, as i told you already, you will step into a lot of traps or miss important things if you don´t know this game.

EDIT:

There is also a requirement implemented in the Jessica quest. If you don´t speak with Svensson after Dodson, before fighting with Jessica (only then you get the option to tell her that you know her story already and that turns this quest in another direction), you won´t be able to get her dangerous Rapier afterwards. I only tell you that because i know now that you prefer to use good Rapiers.

I also don´t like the Jessica ghost quest but with the scorpion talisman from justice island, 20 bottles of Elixir and 2 bottles of good old Ometochli Tincture it´s easy going. ;)

In this game it is very important not to rush through conversations and to always read everything in your logbook very carefully. Even better if you have the ability to read and imagine what could be written between the lines, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Yes did not know about the rapier but I will try... however I remember when I defeated her in the 3rd battle, I had 2 dialog options; one telling her that she must die, and the other one which I chose, to explain her my story then I go to Portland bay and she kills her ex lover, then she gets buried in the bay.

Yeah, then you did everything right! If that dialog appears, you must have been to Svensson after Dodson and before Jessica. Then you must have her special Rapier "Flamberge" in your inventory right after you buried her. But i couldn´t see it in your inventory or equiped at Charles when i looked into your save from Tortuga. Maybe you where already putting it in your ship´s chest and didn´t realize it´s value. This i can´t check anymore because of the bug which had stolen the fast travel menu. ;)

Last edited:
Oh the Flamberg yes, I took it.. but it is a bit weaker than the one I got custom craft from Justice island

But maybe you should at least try it because it has some special magic on it that let´s the wounds of the enemies hardly heal. As far as i remember it´s also written in it´s description.

Reactions: A.H
Ok I'm now near governor harbor where the man o war supposed to be.. and it is in a stupid fleet, just as I thought, and not alone.

One shot and it drowns my 5200 armor heavy frigate... not to mention he got 1111 crew compared to my 490, so any idea on how to capture it?

Attachments

• Isla Mona - Sea 1.zip
    989.2 KB · Views: 126
I never did that fight because i think that in this game, compared to CoAS, it is far too expensive to maintain such a ship and therefore i prefer the ghostship Flying Heart, which is much faster anyway. I only wanted to show you the best way to play Turtle Soup, so that you don´t miss anything possible. Some players are quite obsessed to get that ship. Maybe you would also need a little fleet to win this fight but i don´t really know that. :shrug

Attachments

• Warship.jpg
    Warship.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Yes you are right.. heavy frigate alone cost me 130k at least every month.

But for the Flying heart, when I fight it will it come with a fleet or I fight alone?
And with full crew 777?

It is the Cleuche DLC quests right?
I don't think I started it yet

I would say that you could only find this out learning by doing.

As i told you in this thread, you already bought the strange amulet from a beggar and have it in your inventory. Next step is to talk to the lighthouse caretaker in Guadeloupe, Santiago or Cartagena (this is random). One of them will give you further instructions.

I´m starting this DLC today too, which i think is the best of all, because it´s nearly made as good as the main questline and lasts about 6 month ingame. I always play this before Turtle Soup because i like very much to use the ghostship for the upcoming hard seabattles in the second half of TEHO.

Be careful and don´t use more than a small ship with maximum crew in the beginning because you will lose it when you meet the ghostship for the first time. And better don´t use boarding officers that time because they most likely won´t survive. Also don´t even try to fight the captain because you can´t win the first meeting.

You also have to take care of your health afterwards with Tears of Ixchel. Also don´t try to fight the ghostship which will always try to catch you during organizing needed amulets for the shaman, you can´t win, you have to escape in every possible way. But this is no problem, only a bit tricky.

The second time is the opposite. You will need your Heavy Frigate with maximum crew and can win against everyone. Everything more or less similar to CoAS.

Be prepared for everything, this quest is very tricky!

I will have an eye on this thread today and give you full support with everything if you need.

Last edited:
Back