• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Extreme difficult missions

Btw how do I end the Turtle soup quest?
I visited Fox and took the blunderboss pistol, then delivered the Dutch WIC the dispatch fro Cromwell... now I am unable to finish it somehow, and de Poincy is not in Martinique anymore.

And btw, what is wrong with this Caleuche mission?
You said you will die from captain.. ok, but then game over I go back to main menu.
And after leaving Dominica, the ghost ship attack me and board from very far away so I cannot escape :S

Last edited:
De Poincy, who ends Turtle Soup, is always resident in Capsterville and never in Martinique. I would not reject his offer because you can´t work for another nation in this game anyway and after this you have to defend Saint Pierre for which you could really need a maximum skilled crew which is one of his presents. I also always use the ship Griffondor later on to exchange it with the Fortune which is the best light fregate of the whole game. During defending Saint Pierre you should try to board the Man O War with the support of the fort because inside a little chest on the cabine´s table of the captain is a rare talisman.

You got me totally wrong with the Caleuche quest. Please read carefully!

1. Buy yourself a small ship with maximum crew of heroic sea dogs soldiers (view attachment).

2. Prepare yourself with enough Elixir and the Scorpion talisman from Justice Island.

3. Sail to Dominica and let the ghostship win because you can´t escape here (you can only escape later on while you are searching for the amulets, which i described in my previous post).

4. Fight the skeletons on board of the ghoastship with your small crew till they are dead. If there are still skeletons left, step into the doorway of the captain´s cabine and kill them one by one (don´t let them all in in the same moment).

5. Don´t fight the captain afterwards because you can´t win anyway (you don´t die here, only don´t win and remain with very bad health).

6. Take care of your health!

7. Return to the shaman and afterwards to the lighthouse caretaker for further instructions.

8. Search for the asked amulets and while you are doing that, you have to escape from the ghostship and not before!

Attachments

• Sloop.jpg
    Sloop.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Yes I get it now.. problem was I let myself die then I go straight to main menu, but in this case you must keep fighting the captain until he opens dialog with you then you tell him "go fuck yourself"... then you can die and you go to island and Mary speak with you. :)

I never fight the captain, only let him fight me till my health is finished. The rest goes automaticly and like this i don´t waste Elixir.

Oh it didn't work for me that way, when I died the game ended.. so I had to fight him, then he spoke to me in dialog, then I fought again until he killed me and then I spawned in island

Just in case you don´t guess the name of the xebec which the harbourmaster of Bridgetown will ask you, it is Harpy.

Harpy - Wikipedia

Harpy.jpg

The Jadeskull mission starts in Willemstad, where you sold it to Merryman for 500.000 pesos at the end of the Dutch Gambit (i hope you did or you won´t be able to continue the Caleuche quest). You have to wait at the pier till a monk comes running to you and asks you a favour.

Last edited:
Yes I am now in the point where I must go to Maroon town to get the map from Hawk..
hope i can make it in less than a month

I´m exactly at the same point like you and have attached some important screenshots for you.

Here are the correct answers for the Chieftain Chavinavy in the right order:

1. Yum Cimil
2. Chavins
3. Son of the Great Chieftain
4. Condor
5. Orb of the Rising Sun

Attachments

• Ghostship hunt config..jpg
    Ghostship hunt config..jpg
    1 MB · Views: 315
  • Important amulet.jpg
    Important amulet.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Khael Roa position.jpg
    Khael Roa position.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'll sure use it tonight and hope it goes well.
My frigate now went down to 4900 so i might have to go to isla del toro if i have time to repair the hull back to 5200

I captured the ghostship right now but needed 20 tries for shure. It gave me the hardest time ever this time. Always before i could finish to destroy the crew with grapeshot, after destroying the sails and before boarding, i got sunk too fast. For today i have enough, will continue tomorrow.

As far as i remember, is increasing the hull always decreasing storage, crew or speed in this game. Isn´t it?

Good luck with the ghosts tonight ;)

Last edited:
On your way to the centre of it, you have follow the symbols on the floor and on your way back outside, you have to follow the skulls on the floor.

Here is my beauty :dance

Attachments

• Ghostship.jpg
    Ghostship.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 1,684
Yes finally got out of this puzzle!

Edit: I had problem before with the defending saint pierre, but I solved it; fire at man o war from far away and he will die quick... crazy

Last edited:
The Man O War ships have different power in this game. This one isn´t very strong and therefore also not interesting to keep. Could you mange to board it and take the talisman Ghoul?

And could you capture the ghostship already?

Last edited:
On your way to the centre of it, you have follow the symbols on the floor and on your way back outside, you have to follow the skulls on the floor.
Why does that sound SO familiar? Do you have a screenshot of that location?

If it is what I think it is, there might be a hidden room there with a funny Easter Egg.

This is what i can offer you for now. BlackMark has integrated things from all previous Sea Dog games in TEHO. Also nearly every quest is related to one of the CoAS quests. The second screenshot shows a puzzle.

Attachments

• Temple of Chavins 1.jpg
    Temple of Chavins 1.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 447
  • Temple of Chavins 2.jpg
    Temple of Chavins 2.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
@SD:TEHO, it does look similar to what I thought, but perhaps not.
I thought they might have used the Labyrinth location from PotC.
In one of those, if you follow the arrows in the wrong direction, eventually you get to a wall that you can actually walk through.
Behind, there is a room with portraits of the original software developers.
I always thought that was amusing. :cheeky

Oh yes i think so too and that reminds me to some hidden rooms in Indiana Jones and the infernal machine where you also could look at pictures from the devs and even scenes from Monkey Island. That where times...

In TEHO there are also well known videos from PotC about Danielle and Nathaniel discovering the magic turning ball (don´t remember it´s name) with which you can let the skeletons die, integrated in the Justice Island quest from TEHO. The devs made them (Danielle and Nathaniel) look more old in this quest, but the videos show the original past.

Oh yes i think so too and that reminds me to some hidden rooms in Indiana Jones and the infernal machine where you also could look at pictures from the devs and even scenes from Monkey Island. That where times...
I REALLY liked that game! Incredible puzzles and lots of adventure.

In TEHO there are also well known videos from PotC about Danielle and Nathaniel discovering the magic turning ball (don´t remember it´s name) with which you can let the skeletons die, integrated in the Justice Island quest from TEHO. The devs made them (Danielle and Nathaniel) look more old in this quest, but the videos show the original past.
That's pretty cool, that is! :woot

Hah! I dont think I saw any easter egg.. I was lost in the temple for 2 hours and I dont think I encountered any easter egg; just angry skeletons.

As for the man o war, no I did not board, I destroyed it in 5 broadsides; impossible to go near it or else it sinks me.

The ghost ship yes it is mine now :)

And damn, 300k upkeep!

Back