• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Extreme difficult missions

@Pieter Boelen
I could manage to let Indiana Jones and the... run on Win7 with a special installer and still play it on widescreen with NVIDIA forced fullscreen. It works like a charm.

I forgot to tell you that the big wooden beam from the ceiling of the big hall in PotC is also integrated in TEHO´s DLC Caleuche. This time you have to pass it by feet to reach the holy room of the Chieftain.

@A.H
My bad, i was mixed up in my head and said that the puzzle, which my second screenshot shows, is an easter egg. It isn´t of course.

Congratulations for the ghostship! By the time i have the feeling that you are a real good hardcore player (if you play TEHO in Normal mode). If you are playing as a Beginner, it´s an easy challenge. Which mode are you using?

Did you receive the 3 special potions from Tuttuathapak which increase your skills and characteristics? Only he is able to increase your characteristics!

Attachments

• Potions made by Tuttuathapak.jpg
    Potions made by Tuttuathapak.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 386
  • Skill increasing by Tuttuathapak.jpg
    Skill increasing by Tuttuathapak.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I could manage to let Indiana Jones and the... run on Win7 with a special installer and still play it on widescreen with NVIDIA forced fullscreen. It works like a charm.
Really? How does that work? I tried my old CDs one day, but the game kept crashing in most levels.

At your service:

The original CD 1 has to be in your DVD-RW-drive and the game must be installed with the attached installer!

The installer must be started from your HDD (drive "C" where your OS is also installed and this works only with Win7 but you can also use the 64bit version of it!

I had to split the installer in two halfs with WinRAR because of the limited upload in your forum.

Feel free to ask me every further question about this if you have one.

Attachments

• SETUP.part1.rar
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • SETUP.part2.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
At your service:

The original CD 1 has to be in your DVD-RW-drive and the game must be installed with the attached installer!

The installer must be started from your HDD (drive "C" where your OS is also installed and this works only with Win7 but you can also use the 64bit version of it!

I had to split the installer in two halfs with WinRAR because of the limited upload in your forum.

Feel free to ask me every further question about this if you have one.
Awesome, thanks very much! I'll have to give that a try some day. :woot

Yea the cheap wanker gave me 1 potion only haha
I had only 5 manga rose on me, so he made just 1.

But I am playing on hard difficulty, since I was a regular player for AOP2 and POTC so I am used to the gaming, but TEHO is very crazy missions, much harder than AOP2 or any other

WOW, i pull my hat before you! I could never ever play TEHO in Hard mode. You must be a real good fighter to manage that. I started the game as a Beginner and now as i know it, in Normal mode. But only because i couldn´t finish the Final Lesson which is too fast leveling in Beginner mode. I also played AOP2 and POTC a hundred times before but Normal mode in TEHO is more than enough for me. Maybe because i play in a different way. For me the most interesting thing in these kind of RPG´s is to find out a way to trick the game without using cheats. Now i start to understand why you couldn´t board or capture the Man O War and i wonder if you will be able to complete TEHO in Hard mode because in the end you have to win against fleets alone, if you want or not, there is no way to escape. There is also waiting a real hard fight with some musketeers for you which is already hard to win in Normal mode. Not to mention the bossfight with brother Michel in the end. I'm already curious. Godspeed!

Last edited:
Yea will see how it goes, but fighting is generally easy unless you face several enemies at once, then is impossible for me; I prefer to hide in a small spot and take them out one by one on slow mode. That is not really skill, it's cheating basically since you are slowing time to 0.5x !

Damn, the missions are really horrible in this game.
I'm in the one where I chase this Spanish guy to the main, and I destroy his fleet then go to jungle and enter fort... then when I enter armory .. 5 of them vs me, and they kill me in 1 second.

How stupid can a game get?!
my entire army is sitting outside, but no... I have to be the one to enter armory... alone.

I'm really starting to get sick of this game, more bullshit after another.
The fleet battle before this one, a 18 lb took out 90% of my ghost ship hull armor in one broadside!

And not only that, but from miles away it can take out 50% of my sails while I cannot reach it with my 36 lb cannon.. so like I said, too much bullshit

Attachments

• QuickSave.zip
    1 MB · Views: 164
Well, what can i say to that?

The game gets as horrible as you choose the difficulty. If you would have chosen Normal or Beginner mode, you won´t have all this problems. I don´t understand how someone can play a real hardcore game in Hard mode and after always complain about too strong enemies or too difficult situations. This game is intentionally made three times harder than AoP2. Now you have only 3 possibilities: Start again in an easier mode, take it as it is in Hard mode, or throw it away. Your sole decision.

I, for example, have a big respect for TEHO and startet it as a Beginner. I´m not such a good fighter and had no problems at all in that mode. Then, after i learned everything about TEHO, i tried it in Normal mode and can still only win this by using a lot of tricks, but it´s also ok and i would never complain about anything. I would also never try the Hard mode because i know, right from the beginning, that i would hate every upcoming situation and this would not be worth it for me.

I told you that i´m not able to fight for you with your kind of weapon and especially not in Hard mode. I can only recommend you to use a better protecting armor like the Trench cuirass or something equal, which i was putting in your inventory after killing Jackman. The uniform which you are using at the moment is definitely not strong enough for these kind of fights. It´s no wonder that you are dying so fast with it. You could also try to run around the pilar or tower, or whatever that is called, in the middle of the room, so that you can fight them one by one and not both in the same moment. Otherwhise one of them will always shoot you in your back while you are fighting with the other one. But first of all you should return to your ship and change the armor. Preparing yourself with enough Elixir and Ometochli Tincture (created for killing more than one enemy in one moment) is also always a good idea. You could also where timed amulets to increase your power or decrease the damage in these kind of situation. The game is offering you a lot of possibilities for everything, you only have to find out a suitable tactic for yourself. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes that is the only possibility right now, but is very disappointing to see TEHO going down like this; so much unrealistic events throughout the gameplay!

I can completely understand and feel for you but it stays the fact that could have made everything easier for yourself right from the beginning.

Yea but difficulty is not the matter when the mission itself is set up in a way that no difficulty level can make it worth the challenge!

I am now in the crab island naval fight, I finished the 5 musketeers.. and that was crazy! :modding:modding

I'll give you a hint. Publishers demand developers dumb games down, make them easier, for the reason you are just now learning. The TEHO developers do not have such a publisher dictating how the game will be written.

A game might have 4 or 5 difficulty levels, with the highest named Impossible or similar. The highest level will be about as difficult as the Hard level in TEHO. Basically, you are playing on what would be Impossible difficulty for a normal game. For TEHO, if you're looking for a game that's a little more challenging, play on Normal. The Beginner difficulty is about what "normal" difficulty level is for a typical game.

Some people *like* hard games, and the developers are obviously in this group. I am not. :)

@A.H

Well done! Your are definitely a real good fighter then. :guns:

This was one of the situations which i warned you about in my previous posts. I don´t want to imagine how that hell works in Hard mode. :facepalm

Gird your loins! From now on the game will get harder and harder till the end.

BTW: The Fortune is the best frigate of the whole game, you should keep and use it when required.

EDIT: Today was the first time in 7 playthroughs of TEHO that i could manage to capture the Man`O´War with my Heavy Frigate in Normal mode during the defending of Saint Pierre and both ships had a minimum hull left. xD

Attachments

• Man `O´ War.jpg
    Man `O´ War.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Nice.
For me absolutely not, in both the sea fights, defense of St Pierre and the fight north of Belize, I had less than 1% hull armor remaining! I managed to escape sea mode and go to open world before I sank..
all ships are able to destroy your ghost ship easily.. something very weird in this game

Very strange indeed, this ghostship problem that you experienced didn´t happen to me before. :confused: Maybe it needs an overhaul in Sharptown. xD

I can tell you what is really weird in this game:

Man`O´War ships can only be sold for 100 pesos. Yes, you heard correctly!

And if you would want to buy them back afterwards, you would have to pay 1.000.000 pesos for them.

This is totally unrealistic but i don´t care about this joke because i don´t need them anyway in this game.

The good news is, that i found 36-pounder full couleuvrines on the Man`O´War which i captured and i can use them on my ghostship now. They have very impressing values (screenshot).

Attachments

• Sell a Man `O´ War.jpg
    Sell a Man `O´ War.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Buy a Man `O´ War.jpg
    Buy a Man `O´ War.jpg
    842.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 36-pound couleuvrines.jpg
    36-pound couleuvrines.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Nice.
Problem with 36 pounders is that you cannot replace them, and you can bet that you will lose some cannon in 1 silly fight with a brig or something... game is too unbalanced.

The game is too unbalanced in some cases, this is really true but...

...no problem in this case because i got 102 couleuvrines from the Man`O´War and the ghostship has only 56, so i have enough of them left for replacements. Also on Mystic Ksocheatem Island you can take Thor´s Hammer which takes care forever that your canons will never explode again if you equip it at your canoneer.

BTW: You should know that you can make a fortune in the quest Mystic Ksocheatem Island if you sell all 88 treasure chests from Shark Beach to banker in the whole caribbean afterwards. I always make 7.500.000 pesos with them which is more than enough to do what you want if you decide not to return to Paris in the end of the game.

Once you have finished the main questline, i can tell you about some nice sidequests if you want.

Attachments

• Thor´s Hammer.jpg
    Thor´s Hammer.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Yes I finished Ksochetean island, and I put 2-3 chests on each of my officers, and now selling them slowly.

But I did not take all 88, I just took 2 chests.. got no room anywhere else. But either way it doesn't matter, I have 16 million and 90k gold in bank :)

I am now going to isla de toro for starting the Temple of Maya quest... anything particular I should know before I go? (such as which items to take, etc.)

Oh yes! Did you make shure to take the real mask from the Guardian´s Grotto? There is also a fake mask at Shark Beach which let´s you fail the final quest!

And as i told you in my previous posts, i would take a lot of Elixir, Ometochli Tincture and Tears of Ixchel with me.

Only for your information: You could have landed your ship at Shark Beach and put all 88 chests in your ships chest and not on your officers. ;)

Attachments

• Guardian´s Grotto.jpg
    Guardian´s Grotto.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Back