• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

F1 and F2 keys does not work

viking

Landlubber
I have got a big problem.
Suddently after finishing Morgans pearl quest i can not enter the logbook (F2) nothing happens.
The F1 also does not work.
It is impossible to toggle always run.
In 3 person saling I could not raise sails, I found out that it had changed from using wasd to using the arrowkeys
I tried to reinstall the game + mod 3.2. loaded a savegame but these things happends again after the pearl quest.
Hopefully somone can help, I really enjoyed the game but now it is impossible to continue.

Suddently after finishing Morgans pearl quest i can not enter the logbook (F2) nothing happens.
In 3 person saling I could not raise sails, I found out that it had changed from using wasd to using the arrowkeys
I tried to reinstall the game + mod 3.2. loaded a savegame but these things happends again after the pearl quest.
Hopefully somone can help, I really enjoyed the game but now it is impossible to continue.

Did you go to Options and look at what is set? You can tailor the GUI buttons to whatever you like there. I noticed some changes as well when 3.2 was released, and tailored the buttons back to my own desires. Another one that took getting used to was that the center mouse key was changed to the overhand attack option in fight mode. Actually I like that better now.

MK

Yes i have tried that.
I can change the sails to WASD keys, and have tried several different keys to toggle always run but with no success, I could live with that, but I have no option to get to the logbook, inventory etc...
F1 and F2 are locked and cannot be changed, but nothing happens when I activate them, the only way I can get to the options menu is by pressing Esc.

Hi, I helped a guy on a french forum who got a similar problem. You can change "F2" by "n", just open init_pc file, and change "VK_F2" for "KEY_N". Then when you press "N" you get the logbook, inventory etc...No need to change "VK_F2" in others files, just close the interface with a click.

Hope it will help you.

This is embarrasing to admit :facepalm but I had the same problem: The fix for me was to simply press the F-lock key :modding :modding :modding I had locked the 'F(ing)-keys by mistake!! Your post was a while back, but this might help any other dunces, like me, out there. Regards.

Back