• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug F2 buttons quit working

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This has been a repeated problem for me. Every once in a great while when I hit F2 to go into the menu all the buttons stop working in that menu. No inventory, relations, colonies, etc. When this happens I also can not loot corpses or pick up items.

Usually this happens early in a game so it is no big loss to just start a new game which fixes it. This time I am at level 20 and would like to continue.

Does that not fix itself when you close the game completely and re-open it?
Any specific time that it happens? Accompanying log files? Savegame?

It is completely random and has been happening for a good 9 months that I can remember. I think someone found a cure one time but I can not find it now.

Anyhoo, I was playing the game anyway and was in the store selling goods and got into the ships cargo somehow and all the buttons started working again. :monkeydance I had already tried deleting the options file and talking to the bartender and random characters. I also hit F9 F11 and F12.

I do not know what makes the buttons stop working but it seems if I can get into a menu in the store they start working again. :shrug

The only thing I can think of is the game getting locked in "typing mode", like when you rename your player character or your ship.

It happened again in a new game and again the only mention is in the compile log. I went to the store and looked at my cargo and the buttons started working again. :nerbz

Attachments

• compile.7z
    6.1 KB · Views: 92
It happened again! :modding

This time nothing seems to work. I am at level 21 and do not want to start a new game. :rumgone

This time I was randomly right and left clicking the mouse over the buttons and it started working again.

Back