• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Fancy Peacock-Captain don't spawn (Johan Elting: the Alliance)

JadenTrent

Powder Monkey
So I spawn at the St.Pierre shore, waiting for the captain of the suspicious french ship (don't know that weird french name, but the ship is positively gigantic, i'm sure you know what I am referring to)
Chico talks to me, gives his talk about a time bomb, and after that, nothing happens. Chico stands there, doing nothing; I look at the St.Pierre Gate, nothing happening; there is just nothing to do in this moment.
I expected to see a (flamboyantly looking) french captain accompanied by two soldiers, but there is nothing.

Looks as if you would walk on the st pierre shore without any quest active. Random pedestrians, 2 guards strolling, 2 guards left and right from the city gate, thats all, no fancy captain.
what do I do now?

Well, the first thing to try is to start again from your last save. Sometimes things just hang up and don't start.

Does anyone remember how this is supposed to work? It has been too long ago for me....

From the walkthrough:
Go to window – transported to Capt. Cabin - Chico Cois talks to you – transported to Port next day – QB Update - Chico Cois talks to you – transported to later in the day - Chico Cois talks to you again – French Captain on jetty – follow French Captain – then autowalk...
The bit about the window is while you're still in the town hall stealing the documents, then you go to your cabin and talk to Chico.

If I read this correctly (along with Chico's dialogue file), you spawn at the port, there should be a questbook update, Chico should say something about the captain going to the tailor, and you says something about a peacock captain, which I presume has happened due to the title of this thread. Time passes ("transported to later in the day"), then the captain should appear and Chico spots him. Have you had the time lapse?

It's been a while since I did this quest and that was early on, so I can't remember now how that bit went - it was the next bit where you are on board the French ship which caused me a lot of trouble, so that's the bit I remember...

Back