• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

FAQ for new members

Indeed and I wanted to ask if you have the source code of the storm engine.

I'll check if I can make a VS project to include every source file.
It would be easier to work that way.

It that like a VSN? We've actually got that, though it's back to being unused apparently. :facepalm

It that like a VSN? We've actually got that, though it's back to being unused apparently. :facepalm

I think you mean SVN ;) but no, it's not like that.

It's more like having an auto-completion feature. Or even when you hover your mouse over a function
you can get it's signature (any arguments that you can pass to it) in a tooltip text.

That sounds interesting too. We had something like that with Code::Blocks, but that didn't really work for me.
As soon as a new files was added/removed from the PROGRAM folder, the whole system went nuts. :facepalm

I used to know how to edit the game so that the ship encounter range for AI ships was nearer to 1000 yards instead of within 200 yards...I feel this adds more realism to the game.

I am using build 13 and would like for ships to appear further away when they are first encountered. Please again tell me how this is done using the new build. Thanks

I don't see the need for a spyglass, if I barely have time to drop sails before ramming some unknown ship which appears 200 yards from mine on a ship encounter. Would I not first see the sails on the horizon? Then decide if I want to encounter it or them? There must be some setting to allow for a more realist ship encounter...200 yards is way too close.

Okay I'm confused... When I played last, years ago, ( I used build 11.1) and there was a line item within a certain file which could be altered to make encountered ships begin at a further distance from my ship when getting the "ship ahoy" announcement in the world view map. I was then asked if I wanted to engage this ship and if I responded yes the open sea view was show with my ship and the encountered ships to begin the engagement. Is there a line item in a certain file in Build 13 which would allow for ship engagements to begin with the ships involved further from my ship than the default distance which seems to be around 300 yards? If so what is the location of the file? What line item needs to be altered?

Unfortunately, I can't remember and I can't seem to find it anymore either. I thought it was there. Somewhere. :modding

In POTC--->PROGRAM you will find CCCdirectsail.c. What you want to change is the 2nd line from the top. It is the same line in build 13 and build 14.

Thank You...I will adjust that line and try it!
The line describes encounters at 2250 (units..Ill call them yards) This is for encounters in the the direct sea view... am I to understand that we no longer have to go into world view to sail from island to island? or encounter ships?

That is very true. Since the introduction of the DirectSail mod, if you point your ship in the right direction and keep going, you'll get there and encounter other ships along the way.

It does in the Open Sea mod. It often takes me 10 minutes of sailing to get into gunnery range, and it makes having the weather gauge more important.
I am using Build 13...is the Open Sea mod automatically included in that build? How can I tell if I am using the Open Sea Mod? Seems like I have seen the Open Sea.zip file floating around somewhere... The other night I sailed for an island for about 30 mins...well out of sight of the island I left from and never saw any other land or ships...perhaps I am a land lover...sigh. I may need to sail longer.

I have a question, I know there is a way to set nations to change relation with each other during gameplay but I forgot where I saw it.

Back