• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

FAQ for new members

AddStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "CHANGING_RELATIONS", "1"); //Enable dynamic relations

Copy this into the console and execute it. Though it doesnt really work for me, but it should theoretically. Maybe it works for you

EDIT: I think you were referring to the build option - this option is gone since it caused trouble with certain storylines (and therefore it is locked on most storylines).

Does that mean its active in Free Play since there is no story in which Dynamic Relations would effect the story

It should be active in free play, yes. However, you can use the code above to manually turn it on again, e.g. when the main story is finished.

Is it possible to join battle between several nations with direct sail? I never was able to see one, but I remember it was possible to join one from world map.

For some reason I never met with pirate fleets with DirectSail, while being in the Pirate brotherhood myself, but when I play as privateer for nation I often see them. Is it suposed to be like that: i.e. not see your own nation fleets in direct sail?

Will other nations capture forts in Free Play? Half a year passed in the game already, but I didn't saw actual warfare.

1. You don't encounter fleet battles during DirectSail, but of course they can still develop once such a fleet reaches an island.

2. Pretty sure DirectSail encounters are completely random.
So you should still encounter Pirates; they'll just be friendly to you.

3. Only the player can capture towns.
Nobody ever bothered to implement it for other nations.

Thanks.

About capturing forts, I thought it was default feature in POTC, because I only played Russian, never translated to English, «Return of Sea Legend» mod (2004-2005), in which nations waged war and captured forts, including attacks on player owned forts, if he had one.

It is very much a mod-added feature. Original game didn't have that at all. :no

In fact, I had to do a fair bit of fixing and finishing myself to get it working at all.
It was unfinished for the longest of times.

Back