1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Feedback from Ardent playthrough

Discussion in 'Ardent (Charles and Helen)' started by Tingyun, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

If you have a savegame from just before going into the fort, it ought to work with the updated version. I've a savegame from just before I talk to Angelique Moulin when I was trying to recreate what you'd done, and used it as a test for the fixes. So you shouldn't need to replay the whole thing just to see if the fix works.

2. salonikasurf

salonikasurf Freebooter Storm Modder

Engineer
    Gave it a try Grey Roger.
    Played without doing the Moulin side-quest and normal - pay for a pardon - all worked well.
    Played after getting the release docs from Lucia both with and without changing into the French uniform - all worked OK.
    Unfortunately, I overwrote my save before getting the release papers from Lucia - so haven't checked the issue I had earlier. I do note that PChar is immortal throughout??? and continues as such. Is this intentional?

3. Grey Roger

Not only is that not intentional, it's not my doing. I've just checked through the quest code, searching for any statements which make anyone immortal. There are occasions when some NPC's are made immortal - during this part, for example, Lucia is made both immortal and unremovable so that she's definitely present to say her bit during various parts of the forgery routine. At no time does the code make PChar, i.e. the player, immortal. Perhaps you've put the game into cheatmode?

I can tell you from personal experience that, unless you've made yourself immortal via cheatmode, releasing the crew by fighting guards is difficult, as they attack you the moment you go through the door to another part of the fort. Which is fine, since there's another way to get them out. ;)

4. salonikasurf

salonikasurf Freebooter Storm Modder

Engineer
    Hi Grey Roger- PChar is definitely immortal from around the fight with the guard after trying to arrest Piers - not sure exactly when - I don't use cheatmode at all. (Sidestep saves me if I need it during testing :cheeky).

5. Grey Roger

Do you have a savegame from around that time? I certainly haven't put anything in the code which ought to make you immortal, so I'll need to see if it's an unwanted side-effect of one of the functions.

6. Grey Roger

Update: I found the problem! It's not from the fight straight after trying to arrest Piers Downing, it's from the fight if you are caught after burgling the naval building. Now fixed.

Technical detail: this is the line which did it:
    Code:
    LAi_SetCheckMinHP(Pchar, LAi_GetCharacterHP(Pchar)-5.0, true, "hunt_back_in_prison");
    I'd copied that from a different storyline in which you're trying to sneak around and if you get hit, bad things happen. The problem is that "true". The way 'LAi_SetCheckMinHP' works is that after the check has happened, it turns you immortal if that boolean parameter is "true". Replacing it with "false" means you don't become immortal after the fight.

Pieter Boelen likes this.