• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feedback on New Horizons

Olek

Landlubber
Started a campaign as an adventurer in the first start option, difficulty set to land lubber, was scrounging for money at first, picking over every corpse and really watching my funds.

The turning point of this campaign was when I accepted my first Store keeper job delivering some merchandise, The pay for it was ludicrous, I got 160,000 gold for it and it was easy money, bought a better ship, was able to capture and sell ships, and within a year of game time I had one 2nd rate and two 3rd rates and 1,600,000 gold stashed in the cabin, I was able to take on with my single 2nd rate 5 enemy 2nd and 3rd rates and annihilate them, basically it was too easy, and it was the merchant job that tipped the balance, so I think perhaps those jobs need to be toned down, the pay out for them is far more than anything offered elsewhere, this could perhaps be because of Landlubber level having a multiplier on payouts.

Started a new Campaign in hardcore mode, I've been 8 days at sea, avoided a French warship patrol, 2 groups of pirates and found 3 unmastered ships, got jewelry from 2 of them, and found at least 5 or 6 floating merchandise, so far finding it hard, which is good :)

The hardest part I'm finding is not knowing where the hell I am, I left Port Royal, headed ENE for Hispania, found that and nearly got blown out of the water by a fort, and set sail for Port Martin which is my delivery destination for the sum of 36,000 gold.
Along the way dodging Pirates and Frenchmen I have often needed to head either north or South, and I fear if I go too far North of Port Martin (or is it St Martin?), I may hit the edge of the map, I may have already and not know it
So I suppose the big question is, is there any device you can buy that will let me know my location on the map?

Apart from the overpayment for the first campaign and fear of getting lost in the second, I'm absolutely loving it, I played most of the Pirate games including the original Sea Dogs, but never thought of looking for mods, and being a modder myself I'm kicking myself for not doing so a long time ago.

You know you're hooked on a game when your wife mentions the time spent on a game, and discussions about it being raised at the dinner table :)
Keep up the great work.

Glad hear you like our work!
In the end, that is what makes our efforts worthwhile. :woot

I'll make a Bug Tracker entry for that quest reward.
With a bit of luck, reducing that should be easy enough. And balancing is important.
Valuable suggestion; thanks!

To see your position on the map, buy and equip a Sextant and Chronometer.
They show up after a while in the game, but may cost a fair bit.
On Iron Man Game Mode, the idea is that without them you have to navigate by "coast hugging" to prevent getting lost.

Hopefully this helps! And we'll be looking forward to any more feedback you might have. :cheers

Back