• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Female governors

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
After I attacked a town and make a female character governor of it and I go to the Townhall again the characters will be ruined. Or there is no character in the chair and only the weapons the character carries or the character will flip out. This only happens when the governor is supposed to sit in a chair, if you make a female character governor it will go wrong. With standing governors there are no problems with this at all. I hope anyone can fix this because this is really annoying and it means actually you must make a male character governor of self controlled town and I liked the female characters more than the males hehehe :p

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Not all characters are completely engineered yet. Standing, sitting, walking, running, etc. So I suggest you choose the characters you set as governors.
Me, I personally put a Vanderdecken character for my governors. As he is able to sit and stand. No problems. And I like it uniformed. ;)

So what do you learn from this?
Right, Women aren't supost to be gouvenor, keep that for men!

Then I wonder why the original governor of Port au Prince is a female...... :p

Looks like I am the only one who liked the female costumes, I'm really a unique character out here it looks...

Greetz,

VHF

Ahem...here, here..:wp:p

Hehe are you just so unique as I am? I don't know you very well so I can't know that, can I? :p

This is not the first time I post something like this, where it seems like I'm the only one who wants it, and ow yeah the called me DavyJack the second one time, funny because I don't know you very good hehehe and I ask the same questions LOL :p

Remember that the female characters are not made to sit down. They must stand up.

Also remember that there are no animators working on any characters at all, so this will not change.

Also, look at DaveyJack's avatar. What does it say under the picture?

As I recall, there's a problem with women with dresses sitting down. It also happens if you have a female officer with a dress among your active group when you get to the reunion in San Juan during "Tales of a Sea Hawk" - your gang are supposed to be sitting at the table with you, and the graphics go berserk if one of them is in a dress.

I haven't got to the point of installing my own choice of governor in a colony. The only colony I captured, still playing Beta 3, was Guadeloupe - I went into the fort and persuaded a diplomat to switch sides. The governor is the same one as was already there, still offering me the chance to crave forgiveness from France, and also offering me a job to sink a Spanish ship. So I don't know what options you have for installing a governor. But there are several female types wearing trousers - most of the variations on a theme of Taegan, for a start. If you can make one of those the governess, I would expect her to be quite capable of sitting down.

Remember that the female characters are not made to sit down. They must stand up.

How could I know this, I was not the one who has made the models :p,

Also remember that there are no animators working on any characters at all, so this will not change.

So this is not a bug? It's just that female characters can sit? The one without skirts can sit in Tavern but in governors chairs they can't? Maybe DavyJack is right and it is the best to use male characters for the Townhalls with the chairs and female with the ones where the governors standing because there they'll work properly and the governor of Port au Prince is a female too

Also, look at DaveyJack's avatar. What does it say under the picture?

Pirate Queen, yes, I have seen this before but I had no idea what that means hehehe :p

Greetz,

VHF

As I recall, there's a problem with women with dresses sitting down. It also happens if you have a female officer with a dress among your active group when you get to the reunion in San Juan during "Tales of a Sea Hawk" - your gang are supposed to be sitting at the table with you, and the graphics go berserk if one of them is in a dress.

Yup I know about this, I used female characters here too but if they don't have any skirt it works properly, this was something I have finded out myself already hehehe, anyway was this also in the main game that your officers were a the San Juan quay to reunite? I though it were always the three same crewmembers there and it become your officers who where active when you sunk/capture the Athena in one of the build modds :p

I haven't got to the point of installing my own choice of governor in a colony. The only colony I captured, still playing Beta 3, was Guadeloupe - I went into the fort and persuaded a diplomat to switch sides. The governor is the same one as was already there, still offering me the chance to crave forgiveness from France, and also offering me a job to sink a Spanish ship. So I don't know what options you have for installing a governor. But there are several female types wearing trousers - most of the variations on a theme of Taegan, for a start. If you can make one of those the governess, I would expect her to be quite capable of sitting down.

I wanted to make a female governor with model: 33_TG5D She is not wearing a skirt or something but it still won't work. There are a few who work a little bit like Daniell2 but not properly but better than others. This model is just standing in the middle of the chair like a stone and it not moves a bit

Greetz,

VHF

Female characters that DON'T have a skirt technically can work normally for the most part and sit down.
I think there is probably a bug in the town capture code related to the governors where probably the characters' animation isn't swapped.

No 33_TG5D can't sit even if she wears trousers. I have used her for Caroline K.

And 50_33Petra? Can she sit?

Which female models can sit without getting buggy because I know the Daniell2 model works better than 33_TG5D, I wonder why....

Greetz,

VHF

Nope, female governors ARE being taken into account in PROGRAM\Towns\Towntable.c:
Code:
  if (refChar.sex == "woman") {
     refChar.model.height = WOMAN_HEIGHT;
     if (refChar.location.group == "sit") refChar.model.animation = "woman_sit";
   } else {
     refChar.model.height = MAN_HEIGHT;
   }
So it should work for normal female characters.

Hmm... I remember playing around with character models some time ago, and there was something peculiar about 33_TG5D. She was a hybrid, with towngirl5's upper model and Danielle's lower model. If Daniell2 works then Daniell1 and Daniell3 probably work too, and likely any other female with a Danielle-style pony tail - they're not hybrids, they're basic variants of the Danielle Green model. 50_33Petra, on the other hand, I suspect is another hybrid and will probably misbehave the same way as 33_TG5D.

A better question might be, why do some models who sit properly in taverns fail to do so in governor's residences? I know both 33_TG5D and 50_33Petra are capable of sitting down in taverns because that's where you're likely to meet them!

A better question might be, why do some models who sit properly in taverns fail to do so in governor's residences? I know both 33_TG5D and 50_33Petra are capable of sitting down in taverns because that's where you're likely to meet them!
No clue. I see no difference in the two situations. :facepalm

The thing about this is very simple to explain. If you take a good look at the characters sitting in the Taverns and the characters sitting in the Townhalls you'll see that they both have another sit animation. The ones in the Tavern sit upright and the one in the Townhalls are a bit lying lazy in the chairs, the are not sitting the same way as the ones in the Tavern.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Good point! Forgot about that. That gives me a clue on how to try and fix this. Extract attached to your PROGRAM\Towns folder, then try again.
This should use LAi types that DO work for women characters.

Good point! Forgot about that. That gives me a clue on how to try and fix this. Extract attached to your PROGRAM\Towns folder, then try again.
This should use LAi types that DO work for women characters.

So if I download this one and try it again to make a female character governor it should work? Must I start a new game again? Should take a while before you can try this because you really gonna die if you try this at a low level hehehe unless you want to cheat a little bit :p

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

New game not required. I don't know if it'll work; but hopefully you can confirm that for me. :doff

Back