• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

fighting under nations colours and changing ships

Upxl

Landlubber
Hallo all.
After many years, the urge to play potc got to me again.

The latest build once again amases me.
Altough i have a couple of questions.

I like to play as part of a nation, sailing and fighting under a specific colour ( preferably the British).

First i started with the standard tales of a seahawk quest, but couldn't get the crew uniforms to the British standard model. Even with the letter of marque and the right sailing setting in the relationship menu.

I then started a new game (hornblower) , the crew had the right uniforms but it appears, even after all the quests where done,so freeplay mode, i can't change ships.
It seems i'm not even able to sell my ship at the dockyard.
Same problem with master and commander quest.

To summerize, i like my crew to wear the British uniforms and to be able to change the ship i'm sailing.

If someone could help me with this, i' d be gratefull.

Tnx in advance.

As a Privateer, you don't get soldiers since you're not actually in the navy.
Hornblower and other navy officers do because they are in the navy.
But as Naval officers, they must command whatever their Admiralty assigns them to, which is why you cannot swap ships.

Once you reach the rank of Commodore though, this restriction is lifted.
It sounds to me like you want to play as a navy officer, so I recommend you stick with that until you get that far in the game.
You'll get newer and better ships for free on promotion then too!

That sounds pretty good actually, adds a little more realism to the game.
Nice touch.
thanks for the fast reply Pieter.

One more question though, I noticed in the hornblower campaign i didn't recieve the officers sword. Is this still active?

While you are in the Hornblower quest, the story bypasses the general promotion rewards.
You only enter into the "main system" once the story has completed.
Then you can continue in Naval Officer free play mode afterwards.

If you start a new Free Play game as Naval Officer, then you're immediately in that system.

Back