• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Fix for the Fast Galleon

The proportions on Apostol Felipe look good, so I guess that it'll just be a matter of whatever is quickest.

I finally got back to this ship. I actually found a site dealing with Spanish Galleons and the masts on this ship are off. The bottom and top are too long and the middle is too short. Overall this ship appears to be very loosely based on real galleons. Anyway, here are some wip screenies. There isn't much more I can do about the yards locations. The lateen has been replaced and I got tired of the low rez AOP skin so borrowed one of Craiggo's COAS skins.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/XBdSlnQ7R6/POTC screenies/fastgalleon-2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/qgQ_0BfNap/POTC screenies/fastgalleon-3.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/LOcefIGqyq/POTC screenies/fastgalleon-4.jpg

True, they do look pretty odd, as do many stock ships' masts. :facepalm

It looks like you forgot to hex-edit the bow section to work with Craiggo's texture, by the way.

True, they do look pretty odd, as do many stock ships' masts. :facepalm

I think this is what happened when the modelers looked for many of their references:

Note the differences in height between the set tops'ls and their yards and the bare tops'l yards:
uss-constitution_060930-f-3935a-084.jpg

300px-USS_Constitution_underway,_August_19,_2012_by_Castle_Island_cropped.jpg

That would have happened to them any time they used an existing vessel as a replica. The yards are hauled up to set the unfurled sails... I'll take a video during sail training next August. Our sails are off for the winter months.

Good point, that could easily have had an effect. I suspect a certain amount of misguided guesswork was involved as well. "Yeah, that looks about right..." :rolleyes:

I must say, that looks excellent. Very well done to whoever did the upgrade! :onya
I just wish you had shown me that sooner, because it looks as though I've wasted my time on this model.

Could you please upload the files for us? It would be greatly appreciated.

That will take a while. The textures for the Spanish and English model is far from finished. It is not the only ship that is being worked on!
Need to improve a few things. In the German forum, the construction reports.

Very well. I have registered on your forum to follow your progress. :)
We'd be mostly interested in the improved model, rather than the textures, so once you have finished the model we would really like to use it.

Does this model have the bad bow wave? I'm afraid my German is limited to "Oktoberfest".

Excellent. :onya As near as I can tell only a few minor changes would be needed to adapt this ship to POTC.

This is not technically go. The rig has a new system. There is the source code for the rigging an error in AOP2. PGARGON has only attempt it with tricks. We have long talked about. This is not applicable in POTC.

YES, this is just a point. The yards were mirrored and placed in the inside out. Them that's never noticed before?

The yards for this ship do not have the reverse lighting bug in POTC. I have not seen this ship in AOP2.

The work that Jan Marten is doing will be the final version of this ship, but We will put out this interim version for now.
fastgalleon-6.jpg
The rigging is good enough, so now the others of this type need to be upgraded.

Back