• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Fix for the Fast Galleon

You mean the model doesn't show it, or they also don't fire?
Are the new locators on top of already-existing ones so you can't see?

That sounds like the same problem we had with repainting between ships with different stats; the original stats tend to stick unless you acquire a different ship.
Maybe try using the console to give yourself the ship again. Just once. It can't hurt. :wp

Indeed if you're using a savegame, you need to Reinitialize with F11 AND execute this line through console with F12:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Code won't update on your ship otherwise. :no

This is a fix for cannons that were modeled, but didn't fire, right?

But nothing, it's a pleasure to help you.

Remember, it will also update the new model of Marianna.

Otherwise, there is still much to do on the Fast Galleon when it's over?

I'm not aware of anything being planned for this ship anymore. :no

About all I could do is throw some more shrouds on the main masts. What these ships need most is updated graphics on the deck areas. You know, hand rails, walls, doors, windows and such. But that goes for all of the older ships.

We know Jan Marten was working on an improved version of this ship for his 'Men of the Caribbean Sea' mod, which has been released.
From what I've seen, his version vastly improves the rigging (including masts and shrouds), and the deck looks slightly better with proper ladders between decks instead of bulky steps.
Maybe we should ask to use that model with his permission?

Do you want to do that?
I'll talk to him about it. I've checked through most of the ship updates they made with their first ship add-on pack for MotCS, which includes this galleon and several other interesting models.
I noticed some ships they've got (e.g. Raa frigate, Soleil Royal) which haven't inherited some fixes that we've made, so I think an exchange might be in order. :sail

Back