• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flag Locators Repair Project

I don't quite remember WHAT issues doing a Flag Update after a fallen mast causes. If it's graphical artefacts as well, then those shouldn't be much of an issue if they'd use the invisible flag texture.

Well then, make a patch so we can test it and let you know what happens. :dance Ya can't fix it if it ain't broke.

I'd have to look into how that all works; I've got a vague idea, but nothing more. And no time for now either. Maybe in a month I can give it a shot.

Has anyone sailed the Revenge yet? I'm seeing her in game more now and sometimes she is giving me heavy GA and other times she is clean. I'm looking for a pattern to this.

I gave her a quick try, but didn't spend enough time at her to confirm or deny anything. :eek:ops2

I gave her a go to look at the different paint schemes and see how she sails, but I didn't get into many battles, and didn't encounter any GA. :shrug

Any objections to unpinning this thread to clean up the amount of stickies on this forum?
Technically all flag locators should be correct in Beta 2. We can always recommission it if necessary.

OK by me, I guess. I wouldn't count on all the locators being correct for certain, though.
The GA still exists in some areas, so we'll need to remain on the lookout for problematic ships.

Certainly. Well, at least there's LESS ships now. That should help. :cheeky
And a lot of them have been recently re-rigged, so I'm holding out hope that the GA in Beta 2 should not be as bad as in earlier releases... :rolleyes:

The GA should be nowhere near as bad, that much is almost certain. ;)

I'm holding my breath waiting to see what others report. For me, sometimes it is completely clean and at other times I can't see to aim cannons.

Any general updates on the GA issue as of the new Beta 2? I'm not yet able to test myself but am interested in how people are finding things in comparison to beta 1 etc.

GA ahead capn! :keith or not hopefuly ;)

I'm depressed. :j3 A year ago the GA was very bad at times. So I spent the summer working on it and got it to nearly disappear except when certain ships were around.

Then installed a bunch of new ships and the new patches and betas and now it is almost as bad as it was before. :facepalm I hope others are doing better.

I haven't had the time to properly test Beta 2 much, so can't say how things are my end, but what you described doesn't sound good. :facepalm
You'd expect that, having ditched the worst of the bunch, the remaining ships shouldn't be too problematic.
New ships causing issues, however, is pretty worrying. There must be some kind of trend linking all the problematic models, hidden deep within the locator arrangements, or something.

I'm depressed. :j3 A year ago the GA was very bad at times. So I spent the summer working on it and got it to nearly disappear except when certain ships were around.

Then installed a bunch of new ships and the new patches and betas and now it is almost as bad as it was before. :facepalm I hope others are doing better.

I am finding much less GA than before - especially from the bigger ships - I have seen a lot of the frigates loose masts without any GA :yes so there is a definite improvement.

There still seems to be problems with the smaller ships though.
I have also had the GA carried occur during Boarding on a couple of occasions.

Also I have just had an Extended flag occur ( see attached images) - don't think I have ever seen one as good :? ( bad) as this before.
It looks like they are trying to tow my ship away from the coast. - typical Dutch - :rofl

Error logs attached so it should be possible to work out which ship it is.

:cheers

Attachments

• Extended_Flag_1.JPG
    Extended_Flag_1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Extended_Flag_2.JPG
    Extended_Flag_2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Extended_Flag_3.JPG
    Extended_Flag_3.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Extended_Flag_4.JPG
    Extended_Flag_4.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 211
It is possible that the culprit is one of the shnyava ships as they have the "model can not be read" problem, meaning they can not be edited. But in game they are the snow brigs which have no problem in my game.

Methinks the other ships have already been worked on. It looks like the culprit is brig1, mast2 but the only thing I can see is that the flag is too big and might interfere with some ropes.

Isn't that the ship you get to sail from Bonaire to San Juan from the pirate just before you set sail to take Bridgetown?

Isn't that the ship you get to sail from Bonaire to San Juan from the pirate just before you set sail to take Bridgetown?

:yes - Sort of

My Ship ( player ) is a Heavy Brig ( on F2 - Ships ) - it is the ship you get if you sail from Bonaire to San Juan not for the pirate - but for William Bythesea to kill Sidonio Ogario.

If you sail from Bonaire to San Juan for or with the pirate then you get a Pinnace.

The ship out at sea - from which I assume the Big Flag is coming from looks like the Ketch. :shrug

Yes that is the ketch which I have never touched. Mayhaps I should. The flags are oddly shaped.

I just bought that Ketch and so far all flags are normal. Buying that brig is next, but I will have to berth the Wicked Wench to do it.

EDIT 2 hours later: I tried the ketch with both brig1 and brig2 and could not get anything odd to happen. :shrug

I can't fix it if I can't break it. :cheers

Back