• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Flag position

marinero86

Powder Monkey
I was serching a while and didnt see it , which file establish the : position , form and dimesion of a flag ingame ?
implemented in 3d editor ?
if the last its compatible the blender with it ?

Which file establish that one ship use one , or another flag ?

thx

thx man , and the name of the tool for that purpose is xD ??
thx for the links , i will continue tomorrow , but for now with that im happy xD ( really which is the name tool dor that ? the maya one ?)

Last edited:
The full name is "Inez Dias Tool". It is a standalone tool for editing the GMs in Akella games and has nothing to do with Maya.

You will also want the GMViewer, hex editor, and TXConvertor. If you want to learn Maya 5 then you want the Maya stuff too, but that one is hard to learn.

thx for the info man , when i install it ask me for the directory of the potc files , isnt work for the age of pirates ?

edit yeah it works jaja the gm viewer im looking of how i can see the hole built of the ship for example, and the ines tool still having issues with i cant open thing but textures dont load even if i use the textures root , strange thing .... , im lloking for some kind of tutorial for that
00g8.png

Last edited:
jaja i was editing by myself the nightmare and the texturization is done , now i want to remove some flags and add another type of one but dont know how , so with the TOOl of inez what do u do for example to enter in the flag position ??

To change a flag size or position I use both TOOL and GMViewer. GMViewer shows the the flag locators and TOOL adds, deletes, and moves the locators.

I am using the Nightmare in ERAS to illustrate how it works. The main GM with locators enabled shows the flag as locators F1,F2,F3, and F4. The masts have flags too and they are also labeled F1-4.

To change a flag go into TOOL and change the F1-4 locators and then look in GMViewer to see if you like the change. Then go into the game and find out how bad it got messed up. :facepalm

flags GMViewer.jpg flags TOOL.jpg

uhmmm interesting , if its a qualitty questionary about support u will get a dammed 10 , thx so much for the help man , im gonna inmerse in modding in few jaja

Edit , uhmmm my locator panel in the tool is empty xD ( sorry for anoy u just want to learn something new )

edit 2 , ok im an idiot , i just saw how to open it jajaja lets see ....
its posible to see at the tool the textures as in the gm viewer or only the fram is able ?

ok first test of resize of the flag goes amazing , thx mate

could be added more vertix to the flag to give it a custom from or the max is 4 ??
and textures , where specify which texture use for that or other flag ? and same with the sails

quite change isnt it ??

some questions

the sails i touch it by the \Program\Ships\Ships_init.c adding the line in to the nightmare specs
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "\Ships\Nightmare1\sail_Blackbeard.tga";
and placing in the ship folder aq coold sail tga

and the flag overwriting the flagall_ship.tga.tx and the flagall.tga.tx
but in this case i couldnt found any root file that ask to load those textures , any knows where is it ? or is asked by the tools ?
i notice that i the locator view the points that gives the flag shape have a locator group flag5
where is this group specify?

How can i create new locators in the tool to place more objects ?

Issue: maya cant import gm files ( mine one at least ) when i try to open a gm files says Unrecognized File Type, maybe the addon dont work properlly

Last edited:
Back