• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flannery's Corner - Music, Artwork & 3D Modeling

Flannery

Scallywag & Loiterer
Staff member
Project Manager
TOP CONTRIBUTOR
Music and SFX
Quest Writer
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
*** THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS OF THE WORK IN PROGRESS AND THE FINISHED PIECES***

Greetings all! :cheers
For those who do not know me, I am Flannery - or Christian Tornholm-Lehn as I am called in real life.

I am one of the Project Leaders of HoO in addition to being Coordinator for SFX and Music.
I am also the CEO of D'laymusic Norway and Art Director/Developer of SaltySea Dogs LLC.

I have now been here quite a few years, and have under the time of my involvement in developing Hearts of Oak, Tides of War: Letters of Marque, Sea Titans and composing the official soundtrack for the Medieval sandbox MMORPG Life is Feudal unwillingly ended up with my work spread out across the forum...
:rumgone

NOW! - I figured it was time to really put all my stuff together into ONE place for me to share my work and progress. At least to those who have followed it with interest.

So basically I am leaving a few of my old threads and putting together a collection here - and will also feature other work I am doing for myself, or other games outside of PA or our own game dev company, Wolf Pack Games. Another reason is also that some of the work I have been doing is "behind closed doors" of development forums, and most of those doors can be open when it comes to my part in it, and shared with more people who have approached me and asked if I could do something like what I am now doing.

I hope you all enjoy, and comment. Constructive feedback, hints & tips are also always appreciated!
This front post will always be updated with the latest Music and Screenshots of what I am doing.

PROJECTS: First Music, then comes 3D model and Wallpapers

MUSIC & SOUNDTRACKS:
All music will be put on my YouTube channel when finished. Press "Subscribe" to be updated

CTL_LIF.png www.lifeisfeudal.com
- Life is Feudal -
Official Soundtrack: Genre: Folk/Cinematic/Celtic
Life is Feudal - Official Soundtrack - YouTube

ToWLogo_wSHIP_nonglow – Small.png www.tidesofwargame.com
- Tides of War: Letters of Marque - Official Soundtrack: Genre: Cinematic/Folk (Coming soon)

Sea Titans Logo Smaller.png www.wolfpackgames.co/portfolio/sea-titans/
- Sea Titans - Official Soundtrack: Genre: Cinematic/Folk (Upload onto YouTube Channel coming soon)
This soundtrack will consist of all my work that I also am offering for HoO. So in many ways you can say this is also a personal soundtrack for HoO - consisting purely of my own creations.

- Hearts Of Oak (finished) - Not mastered yet
- Post Captain's Lullaby (finished - rough mix)
- Greensleves - Pair of Hearts (sketch)

COPYRIGHTS
All of the above creations are the property of D'laymusic - Norway, and Christian "Flannery" Tornholm-Lehn
- and are protected under copyright law, and if violated might lead to legal prosecutions!

3D MODELS: All Tall Ships here will be featured in both Tides of War and Sea Titans

- HMS Unicorn 1824: HMS Unicorn Virtual Museum – Wolf Pack Games
(Ongoing work for the Unicorn Preservation Project - fully explore the ships decks)
Screenshot-2016-05-25_13-11-51.png OpenHull1.png
wGLfd9V.jpg

wGLfd9V.jpg
sIhclE0.png
lgcai0N.png
nHH2WUV.png

- Naval, Merchant & Pirate Brig/Snow 1779: (Loosely based on the HMS Ontario)
N-Brig.png P-Brig.png M-Brig.png

- HMS Essex 1799: (Under construction)
Essex3.png

- HMS Fly 1776:
(Under construction)
SwanSloop10.png

- East Indiaman: (Under construction) (base model by @philipjn - altered and re-textured by Flannery)
E-Indiaman.png

- Galliot Pirate Ketch & Schooner: (Under Construction - will be featured with both rigging's)
GalliotPirate.png

I will ultimately move the Screenshots to Imgur and use them fromt there to both add more pictures of the final results + lessen the strain on this forum :cheers

SO! Hope you enjoy it all!

Best wishes from Capt. Flannery

Last edited:
Your creativity truly knows no bounds! :shock

Is there a way to download good quality MP3 files of your music?
It belongs on my iPod, I reckon. ;)

@Pieter - Thank you matey!

The music for LiF is atm just available to be listened to though my Youtube channel.
The reason being that I am in the process of doing som final masters of some material that never made it into the game that I want to add to the actual Digital Album.
I am however aiming at releasing the album now before Christmas. My Publishing company is already ready and just waiting for the music to be finished mastered so they can distribute it out to the different online shops:

It will all be available on iTunes, Spotify, Wimp and all other major digital online shops.
I am going to keep most of the music on the YouTube channel - so people who dont want to buy it, can listen still.
But those who want to support my work will have a chance to buy it on those medias as well.

Regardless of that, I will let you know when its all up and running and I will be happy to get you the files personally, mate - as a thanks for all your help and support :)
I will someday be making a few Hard Copy Special Editions of the LiF music, and I will see to it that one of those copies finds its way to the Netherlands ;)

Here are a few quick renders I did in Blender of the current state of the Unicorn. The crossection is made before the mess area got its lights and table items.
They are all Blender renders I did for reference - hence why they are gritty and pixelated. It will look allot better in the Unity Scene. These are just renders for me to get a feel of the looks while I model.

wGLfd9V.jpg
sIhclE0.png
lgcai0N.png
nHH2WUV.png

That cabin looks spectacular (as I'm sure Nathaniel agrees)! :cheers
The miniature versions of what I assume are your other ship models are a nice touch.

The miniature versions of what I assume are your other ship models are a nice touch.
Hadn't noticed that yet in all the real-life commotion today, but that's indeed a nice touch!

Wow!!!! Long overdue update on my part.... :duel:

ALLOT has been going on since I last posted here...hehehehe...

First up:
Me and @Captain Murphy are now set up with our very own Game Dev Company. Its already a registered legal entity.
We are hereby called.... wait for it....

Salty Sea Dogs
Its a LLC registered in Florida, US
And here is our Logo that I created for us:
SSD Logo – Smaller.png
We also have a all new website for our projects.
Visit www.SaltySeaDogs.net for more info

:pflag:pirates:pirateraft:ship

SO!! To what have I been up to lately.

HMS Unicorn: VR Museum
- A big update on the HMS Unicorn Walkthrough and VR able Model is right around the corner, and now you will be able to walk through the WHOLE ship and all its decks!!
We are also pleased to see that the optimization work we are currently doing on the model and scene is paying off with good frames per second in our tests using VR gear as well!
Here are a few screenshots of the ongoing work in process:
sJ3RfBy.png

WDqcLsd.png

EGoWm6Z.png

Tides of War:
- I am plugging away on the models we have set out for it. But we have also signed a contract to deliver a few ships for a different Game studio as well. So some of these ships will make its way into both.
More info regarding that other Game Dev company and the game they are working on, is something we will have to wait with giving you more info about until they are ready to go out public with their ongoing development. But info will come soon ;)
Here are a few screenshots of the ships I am currently working on, and who are near completion:

- Queen Anne's Revenge - WIP - (Flannery Edition): Based on the info that is available, with my own stern gallery design based on contemporary ships of the same kind and influenced by the Whydah. Made worn and gritty on purpose.

rBPOPt7.jpg

- De Zeven Provincien (The 7 Provinces) WIP: A real challenge indeed. Its almost done - and I am now in the process of completing the Stern Gallery with its figurines and carvings - The cannons are just mock up models and will be swapped.
d4kQh7Y.jpg

QNE5VIF.jpg

2MQcxlI.jpg

5ynKAST.jpg

Unrevealed and secret Salty Sea Dogs Game Concept launching soon!

Last but not least... :cool:

Here is a little teaser on a Style Concept I have been working on for a Game Concept we are launching soon.
I wont say anything more about the game - but will leave you with a few screens of some of the non-textured ship models we are going to use in it (they will have textures in the game of course... :rofl:rofl)
Enjoy! :doff

whGdUoo.jpg

Yccrxlt.png

v8mvjTb.png

2qmrSYA.png

jFMhGZ1.png

y3cru3x.png

Sounds like you guys have got some good stuff going on indeed, @Flannery and @Captain Murphy! :woot

Now I'm wondering what those two new ship models would like in PotC.
They'd both be very good ones to have! :razz

Those untextured models, are they supposed to be historically accurate?
I get the impression of them being a bit more cartooney, but maybe I'm making that up...

@Pieter Boelen
NO the non-textured ones are by far accurate :p
They are definitely stylized and a bit cartooney ;)

Back