• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Floating sailors and no boarding!

PilotPirate

Landlubber
As the title suggests, sailors on certain ships run in the air or under the deck ! I tried reinstalling the game but nothing ! Also i noticed that in a battle when I board one ship i cant board another one !

What version are you playing?

GOF 1.2
GOF 2.0.7
CMV
No mods, without knowing what version you are playing no one can help you.

Untitled.png

I reduced the quality of the image so that I could upload it....Also I noticed that i could board more ships in a battle so i guess i cant board certain ships !

You've got a bad sailorpoints file for that ship. Try this... Open Computer/Program Files (x86)/Playlogic or wherever you have GOF at and open GOF to RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships/SAILORSPOINTS and find the file for the Wicked Wench. I think its called TheBlackPearl1 and make a copy. Then paste it to your desktop and rename it BlackPearl1. Put it back in the SAILORSPOINTS folder and tell your computer to replace the existing file. I think this will fix your problem.

MK

You've got a bad sailorpoints file for that ship. Try this... Open Computer/Program Files (x86)/Playlogic or wherever you have GOF at and open GOF to RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships/SAILORSPOINTS and find the file for the Wicked Wench. I think its called TheBlackPearl1 and make a copy. Then paste it to your desktop and rename it BlackPearl1. Put it back in the SAILORSPOINTS folder and tell your computer to replace the existing file. I think this will fix your problem.

MK

Thank you for your response! unfortunately it didnt work....(oh and i might not be able to respond for a couple of days)

Ok, well i don't play GOf 1.2, but i will check this out in the version i play and upload the sailorpoints file, if the crew are walking on deck correctly.

Although I can't say that I share the same problems concerning the "no boarding" issue, I do share the same floating crew problem for the Black Pearl. This was a problem in GOF 1.2, but it wasn't solved in any of the patches before the release of GOF 2.0. Currently i'm using a fresh copy of COAS with GOF 2.0.7 and the floating crew problem happens for any version of the Black Pearl-even after following your suggestion to change SAILORSPOINTS MK. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

OK, I happen to have my ASUS gaming laptop with me on this trip and am working on the GOF Late Era mod tonight because I'm sick in bed.

GameFront/FileFront is having some problems tonight with their add header, so the download button may be screwed up, but I'm sure they will get it sorted out tonight sometime. Un-RAR this file and put it in your SAILORSPOINTS folder. This will fix your problems http://www.gamefront.com/files/22402023/BlackPearl1.rar

MK

Hmm, the problem is still persisting even with that new SAILORSPOINTS file, just like in the screen on PilotPirate's post. Perhaps it's not the SAILORSPOINTS file?

OK, So that tells me that they are using the new Black Pearl model that Bournjoumani (SP?) made for POTC NH. So the model was imported, but they used the old walk file assuming it would be the same, but the new model has a different z-platform baseline.

So someone will have to build a new Sailorspoints file for that ship. It works in Era's because the model in this video is the old one - which BTW I think is absolutely beautiful anyway. I think ZarethPL made it. If you want, I can upload my version and give you a link and give instructions for how to replace yours. If you like the black sails you will have to keep the texture from GOF, because mine has white sails. I'm looking at the Pearl as a working Caribbean English Armed Merchantman of about 200-300 tons from 1685. Just tell me and I will post a link to this ship for you. Skip to about 2:30 to see the Pearl in this vid:

MK

Although that is a nice and original version of the Black Pearl, I prefer the accuracy and detail of the newer Black Pearl in New Horizons. Just a thought, but is it possible to just convert the walk file from New Horizons into COAS without any need to change the file itself? In the previous posts concerning this issue, the idea was bounced around but I don't know if anyone actually did it. When I tried I wasn't able to convert it correctly, but I think that's because of my lack of knowledge about it. Either way, thanks for helping us out so far MK :D

I have converted it to CoAS Sailorpoints file. I will upload it after a few minutes. You must aslo change the waterline in ships.init to -0.7 for the ship to float properly.

MK: If you already liked this version, then you can get the one from Build 14 Beta 1 which is a GREATLY improved version of this one with better textures while using the same sailorpoints file that this one does.

For the sailorpoints file of the wicked wench copy this one and replace it with the older one (after you rename it).

EDIT: Don't forget to change the waterline in ships.init from 0.3 to -0.7!

Attachments

• BlackPearl1.ini
    3.8 KB · Views: 637
YES!!! It worked as you said! thanks a million superkid! :D You have no idea how much I appreciate your help! It might be a good idea to include this fix for the Black Pearl and Wicked Wench in future releases so we don't have any more of these threads popping up for the same ships-just a suggestion to the modders.

Thanks Superkid, this has been included in the current work in progress patch 1.0.9 whch also should fix the issue with boarding by simply removing the surrender feature.

Back