• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Floating sailors and no boarding!

Oh I already have Wicked Wench also in the same role, but the Pearl has that dark texture I talked about in my Paint discussion that would have been common in working ships that stayed in the tropics for more than a year or two. The only thing on those two models I would change would be to flatten out the lower stern and extend the rudder and sternpost much higher. I think that would really improve them both aesthetically and historically speaking. MK

Oh, I see. That's interesting; I didn't realise the Pearl's paint scheme could actually have a legitimate purpose, being a Disney ship by nature. xD

curious ??? when you sink another ship in combat and they were not boarded men are swimming in water wavimg arms . Can you pick them up or are they scenery?

For the sailorpoints file of the wicked wench copy this one and replace it with the older one (after you rename it).

EDIT: Don't forget to change the waterline in ships.init from 0.3 to -0.7!
Sorry, can anybody tell me where exactly can I find waterline in ships_init.c

Sure. In ships_init.c at the top left click "edit" then "find". Type in the name of the ship you are looking for and hit "find next". Then scroll down the items until you find "refship.waterline".

Can't find the sailorpoints folder.

Never mind......found it

For the sailorpoints file of the wicked wench copy this one and replace it with the older one (after you rename it).

EDIT: Don't forget to change the waterline in ships.init from 0.3 to -0.7!

Hey everyone. ok i'm totally brand new to all this modding. it took me forever to install GoF 1.2 full and patch. now im having the crew floating problem, i fixed it but when i check the waterline its at 0.5 instead of 0.3. is this the correct one? and do i still put it at -0.7?

The line you need to edit is located in ships_init.c (this is from GOF 2, and might be different to your value of -0.7). Note that you need to test ingame the new waterline and for this to be done you will need to use the beta testing mod as its easier to check). Increase the value to say (using the value bellow as an example) -"0.9" and see if this rises or lowers the ship (you must use the reinit to update the ships to your savegame in less starting a new game at the time and then purchase a new Black Pearl as your ship will not be effected by the use of the reinit). Once you know which way to go with the value, then you can fine tunr the value to your liking, please note that its a good idea to fill your ships cargohold before changing the value each time as the ships cargoholds take into account the weight in them.

Code:
 refship.WaterLine = -0.7;

This was updated for someone who one day might be looking for the answer.

Hello captains this maybe to totally irrelevant but after applying the fixed Blackpearl.ini my mouse stopped working i can run and click but cant look around anyone else getting this?

Eh? Which Black Pearl ini? That should have nothing to do with your mouse or moving around.

Back