• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Flying Duchman ONLY One cannon fires?

DutchmanFan229

Landlubber
I am sailing the cursed Dutchman and I go to fire my cannons on all three sides cannons are useable. Problem is it says all cannons fire but smoke only comes from one cannon on each side. Can anyone explain my problem? Thanks Much!

Hmm. I can not remember anyone else mentioning this. Reading that thread it might be caused if you upgrade your ship.

Read that thread in post #3. They discuss the problem and how they fixed it in 2010.

Make sure you've got enough crew and their morale isn't incredibly low or something.

Sorry for late replys!

Even after further looking at thread posts. I am having a hard time understanding where to locate where to go and what to modify to make this work properly.

Sorry guys!

If I can get further help that would be Great! :D

Try this:
- Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
    //   GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
- Remove the // in front, then save the file.
- Load your savegame
- Press F12
- See if she does fire properly now

please upload your savegame file so I can see if I have the problem too.

You must make a ZIP file first and then upload it

One of my officers is the captain of the Dutchman but I've never see any problems with the ship. She'd sink many ships in the battles hihi :p

VanessaHudgensFan

Thanks. Will take a look at it soon.

For those that read this post, should be aware that all my Black Pearls cannons fire correctly and Queens Anne's Revenge Fire properly. Its both of the Dutchman models that wont fire properly.

Even with full crew, powder and everything they will not fire :( :modding

This is really really strange! I've both ships under command of a officer from my passengerslist and I had never seen any problems with them and the ships fires both properly (if they have enough crew, cannonballs, gunpowder)

Maybe you should try to give these ships to a officer as well to see if that works? It's just a tip you can try because I have never seen this problem when I'm playing the game...

( don't forget to give the ship of your officer enough crew, cannonballs, gunpowder, food and rum aboard if you try;))

Greetzz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Back