• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flying the Jolly Roger DLC

Redbeard

Sailor

So. Sea Dogs To Each his Own. An acceptable upgrade to CoAS simply because it uses steam instead of TAGES. It feels considerably more masochistic however. The rats are a much bigger nuisance, melee is downright painful with a stamina bar determining if you can block, etc. I'm not saying its a bad game, because I personally cannot get enough Piratical goodness, and will support Akella anyway I can. However. The quests have to be played to be believed. They truly are the worst quests in the series, and impose a time limit (albeit a rather generous one.) along with numerous other little hiccups that mean you can easily burn 12 hours at the beginning and still be too broke to leave the tutorial island.

However. The developers spoke in length about wanting to add new charactors, and from this DLC it looks like they have added some. Wether that means they are model replacements, or a freeplay mode remains to be seen. Im hoping the latter, as I hated the quests, but would play a free-play version.

Anyway; TL;DR new DLC as soon as they get done translating to english. :)

I personally cannot get enough Piratical goodness, and will support Akella anyway I can
It's not Akella though. CoAS was developed by seaward.ru and only distributed (sort of?) through Akella. They didn't actually make it.
And SD:TEHO is Blackmark Studios. Don't ask me about the specifics of the legalese though. I don't know and I don't want to. o_O

Akella is only the distributing parasite. They don´t offer any support at all. The work remains to seaward.ru and BlackMarkStudio only. In the beginning i thought that CoAS is much better than SD:TEHO but after i played the complete SD:TEHO 3 times and know all the tricks and perfect timings to pass through easily now, i realy like it and even got addicted to it.

Last edited:
Blackmark Studios did the actual work; that much I know for sure.

Back