• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

For those who like pirates AND METAL

POOTIS

Powder Monkey
There's this cool irish band I've been listening to from years, thought some of ya scurvy sea dogs might like em (if you enjoy metal music, that is)

I'm going to post my fav songs:

Edit: Happy new year to everyone! ^w^

On the open seas you can crank it as loud as you want!

Share the best pirate music or any other music.

An instrumental:

Here's a couple that I found
Wow; that's a CRAPTON of it!

I did a couple of spot-checks and indeed there's saltyness and swashbuckling dripping all over that.
Where did that suddenly come from? Why didn't I hear about it before? Where can I find ALL of it?!?
One of my many life goals is to collect all fun, piratey film(ish) music in existence.
I've got a lot already, but clearly I've been missing out on quite a bit too. NICE FIND! :dance

Actually, it makes me want to go out, set sail and aim for that horizon!
And guess what I'm going to be doing in a few hours. And then again next Sunday? And then another time the weekend after?
Hey, EXACTLY THAT! With My 9m Sailboat. :cheeky

I stumbled upon these a short time ago on Google Play music, and very much approved. The wife didn't really enjoy it as Sunday brunch tunes though...

According to our very own @Tempesta, who is one of the music composers who worked on the Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas project:
Mm I believe that they would fit in the death metal genre (fast guitars, growls and dark lyrics)
Nothing piratey here really

Pirate metal requires Pirate themed lyrics in the first place. Then the music could take different directions...
That band for example, they are considered the creators of Pirate Metal because they were the first band singing about pirates.
But the music is just classic metal. (however the melodies they use are a little influenced by the irish folk music which helps setting the Piratey mood)

The key for that "Piratey" sound relies on the irish folk melodies if you ask me ;).
The sea shanties are the perfect example of that (Drunken Sailor song e.g.)

According to our very own @Tempesta, who is one of the music composers who worked on the Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas project:
@Pieter Boelen I'm honored to see my reply here! :D

Here you have some of my given examples so you all can dig through them:

RUNNING WILD (The first "Pirate Metal" band) and the best in my opinion:bonaparte

THE CHIEFTAINS (Traditional Irish Folk Music)
All "pirate" music genres need to have a little influence from the irish folk music.

YE BANISHED PRIVATEERS (New folk band influenced by traditional Irish and Scandinavian folk music)
I personally like this more than the bizarre approach of Alestorm about pirates. Pirates should be taken seriously xD

Ahoy there @Tempesta,
Good to see you in these waters again!
How is the music-composing business for you these days? :cheers

Glad to talk to you again mates!

I'm very active with my music projects, fortunately...
This year I've started to grow a Royalty Free music library at POND5 which is doing fine so far. I've also included the unused tracks that I've written for "New Horizons: Remastered" xD

Next year I'm planning to release a new album with my Pirate Metal band "Naufragant".
BTW, since it's related to this thread, please let me throw a bit of self-promotion :p

NAUFRAGANT (Epic Pirate Metal)

I've also included the unused tracks that I've written for "New Horizons: Remastered" xD
Indeed might as well put them to good use somewhere!

I really like your work in HoO and NHR. :bow
Same here.
Your contribution is really some of the most varied and appropriately piratey.
It's obvious you've got great creativity and enthusiasm for the subject. :dance

Back