• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fort Capture for personal use

Cerdock

Powder Monkey
I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked already, or addressed otherwise in-game/files; I tried looking through the forums for a bit.

Edit: Finally found this answer in forums.

Also, is there a certain number of items I should be putting into weaponslockers so that I'm not putting too many/few into them? I've just been using 12. I gave a few code files a glance but I'm not great at picking out code.

Last edited:
I think you only need enough to have 1 for each boarder appearing. I guess it would depend on how large a numbers advantage you will have against your oppponent.

I'd say if you can manage 12 high quality swords of whatever types you like, armor, and guns, that would probably be enough. Remember to loot any dead sailor bodies before going to the next deck, so you can recover the used equipment. I usually dump enough for my entire crew, but that is just for roleplaying purposes. ;)

I'm not sure if they use healing items. I do know you don't need to supply them with ammo, they can shoot without it.

Thanks for the reply. I was using the number of cutlass' you start out with as a guess. I can't imagine seeing many more than a dozen of mine appearing on-screen anyway.

Will they use throwable items?
Are there any auxiliary items besides that I should be worried about? (Pickaxes, shovels, boarding axes, etc) I haven't dabbled in land owning or building, is there a guide written somewhere on it or is this feature sort of small/unfinished right now?

From reading forum posts it seems you can got obscenely wealthy with some of the buildings, so I've avoided them and know nothing about it. :)

I don't know about throwing items, are you thinking grenade team? Fun! Not sure if it works, try it out. Let me know when you find out.

Yes, buy yourself a bunch of pickaxes and shovels, and toss them in the chest, but carry a couple on your person. So far I have found 2 uses:

1) Sometimes, when you talk to people in town, they will offer to sell you a treasure map. Often the price is crazy unreasonable, but I've seen it at under 10,000. If you get a nice low offer, buy it, follow the map, and you might find treasure. Sometimes they require a shovel, sometimes a pickaxe. Sometimes there is no treasure at all, but the chance isn't related to price, so only buy at fairly low prices (not sure when exactly it is worth it, I think it would depend on player luck, but under 20,000 might be worth it? )

2) In the maltese crypt, there are 7 buried treasures that you can dig up with a shovel

(but be careful with the maltese crypt for now. It is VERY glitchy, and you can't spend more than 10 minutes in there without things going haywire. Standing motionless corpses, enemies becoming immortal, the script for added hp breaking down so all enemies die in 1 hit....It also has severe balancing problems, and you can make several hundred thousand gold trivially, or worse, you can accidentally run into mist that permanently raises your HP. Coming out of there with +50 permanent HP is very easy to do without really trying, just by bumping into the mists now and then, and it is unbalancing to the rest of the game, where HP imbalances are supposed to be part of the difficulty. I am going to try to fix the problems with it later)

Obscenely wealthy isn't too much a concern anymore on this playthrough. I ran a trade route for a "year" and now run a couple of Second Rates and a Pinnacle of War everywhere. >Dozen Horse pistol braces and the shiny armor. I can stick-up most of the Caribbean. Thanks for the heads up on the locations/content.

Might be interesting to see if a Musketoon/Grenade boarding party works/doesn't backfire.

I think the men would only take either the grenades or the musketoons, since they are both considered pistols. If you are trying to test grenades, better empty out all guns and see if they take the grenades. Though I could be misunderstanding something. :)

"Special Weapons" should indeed be used by the boarding crew.
It'll probably cause some tremendous mayhem and I cannot guarantee it'll be an actual advantage.
It'll be FUN though! :cheeky

You can ransack towns repeatedly, though if you don't give them time to recover, they won't have much left to steal.

Back