• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Fort of La Tortue suddenly attacks without reason

Erik I.

Landlubber
Hello everyone,

I know there are several reasons why a fort could decide to attack you, but this time, I really feel innocent.^^

I started a free play as 'Castaway' and made my gold by smuggling at Jamaica with La Tortue as my base. I also joined the pirate brotherhood. I moored several times at La Tortue without problems. Coming back from Jamaica again, it occurs that I am able to moore at La Tortue without a problem, but when I get back to sea, the fort opens fire although I am flying my personal flag. I also tried the pirate flag and other flags, but it doesn't change anything.

I' tried to attach a Savegame but was told that "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." What am I doing wrong in this aspect?

Greetings

You can upload a safe if you zip it up first.

Please try again and upload your compile.log file as well.
That should contain a mention about why it happens.

Most likely, the fort saw you pass at some point while flying a false flag that is hostile to them.
So they took note of that and now think you're an enemy.

Is La Tortue at the moment French or Pirate?
Can you show a screenshot of your Nations Relations interface too?

La Tortue became pirate when I joined the Brotherhood.

Most likely, the fort saw you pass at some point while flying a false flag that is hostile to them.
So they took note of that and now think you're an enemy.

Thank you, I looked into compile log, you are right:
"FLAGS: The 'La Tortue Fort' remembers us as British"

Must have been careless at some point^^ Will have to look for another base and conquer that fort when I am stronger.

Still, it is interesting that the fort doesn't fire when I'm entering the port, but only when I'm leaving, isn't it?

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 11.7z
    542.9 KB · Views: 160
  • compile.log
    6.6 KB · Views: 198
That's indeed quite curious.

You should be able to find a Pirate "governor" and pay him some money to reset the forts' memory.
I remember adding that feature exactly for such situations. :onya

I am asking myself whether this could be connected with the use of fast travel, as the compile log also mentions before that "FLAGS: The 'La Tortue Fort' is out of range so can neither remember nor forget us".

Ah, good to know. I will give this a try. Maybe- my other plan, coming back when I'm stronger to punish them for their rudeness also has its appeal.:D

I am asking myself whether this could be connected with the use of fast travel, as the compile log also mentions before that "FLAGS: The 'La Tortue Fort' is out of range so can neither remember nor forget us".
Not related.
That message just means that when that was logged, you were far out to sea and the fort could not see you at that time.

Sure? Because I made some further testings and when I entered the port with my ship - the fort didn't fire, as mentioned - and then didn't moore and just saved on sea, and then loaded this save, the fort opened fire - like it just realized I am the 'bad guy'. So it is not related to the mooring itself, but just to some break till realizing.

That sounds about right.
The game does a periodic check to see if the nation relations at sea should be updated.
This is also used, for example, by the false flag detection.
It does not check continuously, but in intervals.
Can't remember the default frequency, but it's probably every 1-5 minutes or so. :yes

I sailed to Turks and tried this out, worked, even for no money :)
No money, how come?

Or did I make it free of you are in their service?
I don't remember now....

Btw since when does Turks have this awesome new look?
Few versions ago. You can look it up in the "Build Info.txt" file.
That's @Jack Rackham's hard work. :cheers

Back