• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Forum Upgrade

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
In response to the larger than normal amount of spam we've finally updated the Xenforo to the latest version. There should be a number of inherited benefits including the resource manager and other stuff. I've also deleted all the 0 posters (3000+) so if you were one of these legitimate ones that have signed up to read only, my apologies and please resign :)

The down side is the skin which was the base for the PA! theme (Aurora) has not been updated to this version as yet so we'll need to tough it out with the default one for a short while.

I also added a style called whisper so it's not too bright (set it as default too, if you want the default blue you need to change it at the bottom left of the page)

Please let me know if you are having any problems and I'll try to fix it all up asap. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this, Keith!

This new look requires getting used to; I feel all disoriented. o_O

Slap me thrice and hand me to me mama! :facepalm
I feel :shock o_O :8q :rumgone ayup! This new look requires getting used to.

Nice work with the upgrade!

Hopefully a better skin can be added soon.

Hmm. This wide format isn't so bad with the larger fonts. I can still read it ok.

Ooh, fancy! It will no doubt take a while to restore a similar pirate theme to the previous one, but as an interim theme, this one will do nicely. :onya

I am finding this new format much easier to navigate. Good job! :cheers

EDIT: How does one log out? Or is it still necessary?

Last edited:
Ooh, fancy! It will no doubt take a while to restore a similar pirate theme to the previous one, but as an interim theme, this one will do nicely. :onya
I actually preferred "Aurora Blue" (the "fluid" one) instead of "Aurora Pirate". :unsure

But, I also preferred the previous IPB theme over the Aurora theme. :p

To each his own, I guess. At least the choice is there (or, will be there once it's done) for those that don't like the pirate theme. ;)

By the way, I've just made more of the 'user info' visible in forum threads (NOT news threads like this one), including:
- Registration date
- Message count
This is how we used to have it configured, so that's what I've set it to for now.
Other items that could potentially be displayed are:
- Total received 'Likes'
- Trophy points
- Homepage link

Note that this information will only be displayed if you have specified it in your profile.
Does anyone have any comments on what they would like to be displayed?

Cheers! :cheers

This is how we used to have it configured, so that's what I've set it to for now.
Other items that could potentially be displayed are:
- Total received 'Likes'
- Trophy points
- Homepage link
I'd suggest NOT showing those. Homepage could contain a direct link to crap stuff.
And the other two just encourage people to spam. :modding

Please note: I'm currently trying to configure a 'piratey' theme for the forum, though my experimenting has affected the current blue scheme as you can probably see. Sorry about this! I'm fixing it as we speak. :oops:

Please note: I'm currently trying to configure a 'piratey' theme for the forum, though my experimenting has affected the current blue scheme as you can probably see. Sorry about this! I'm fixing it as we speak. :oops:
Thanks for working on it. The effect of the constantly-changing forum colour is quite amusing though, I must say. :razz

Yeah, I didn't intend to mess up the blue scheme, but I accidentally changed some of the main colours it uses. Mostly fixed that now, I think.
The rest will be done on an as-yet unavailable theme that only Admins can preview for now, so I won't be interfering with the default scheme again. :wp

OK, I've now got a working prototype. Check out "Whisper Pirate" in the Style Chooser and let me know what you think.
It should look somewhat familiar, but I'm open to suggestions to change or improve it. :dance

Back