• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Free cam when boarding?

Dragosz

Powder Monkey
Is it possibel to unlock the camera on ship battles ? With my 21:9 ratio its impossibel to see the crews life in ship battles.

What do you mean with "unlock the camera"?
Allow it to go up and down as well?
I can't remember if there is any code that controls that; but I do know the reason is that if you could look around freely, looking up would look pretty bad.

But I don't see how unlocking that would help you see your crew life,
so perhaps I am still misunderstanding what you mean?

I find this vieuw verry limited. So when u walk over ure ship u cannot see ware u are gooing somthimes, ore when ure boardign u cannot see the other crew cos of the camera angel.

64iwYXH.png

That is indeed VERY wide screen. The main problem is that the game engine cuts off the top and bottom from the screen for widescreen, instead of adding the bits at the side.
Pretty stupid, if you ask me, and something we can do nothing about. :facepalm

There may be a way to "unlock" the camera though so it can at least move up/down in boardings.
But I don't remember how that works. Relevant file was PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AICamera.c, if I recall.

You can delete string with ".lockCamAngle" from Locationloader.c. Effectivness=100%
There is one string, you wouldn't miss.

Back