• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Freezing on startup

JokersFolly

Landlubber
Ahoy, I have been playing on POTC for a few weeks and all has been going great but for some reason the
game keeps freeing on start-up now after it crashed once. it gets to the black screen with the coin in the bottom left and just freezes.

I have copied the system log in the POTC folder, I have no idea what it means though:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: radeon8500sea
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 181 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 122958098 ticks.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?
Many Thanks :)

One thing to try: Open your main game folder and remove the file named "options".
That can sometimes get corrupted and cause all sorts of inexplicable errors, such as what you describe.

Next time you start the game, you will have to manually restore the various settings in the interface.
Hopefully that does the trick for you. :doff

One thing to try: Open your main game folder and remove the file named "options".
That can sometimes get corrupted and cause all sorts of inexplicable errors, such as what you describe.

Next time you start the game, you will have to manually restore the various settings in the interface.
Hopefully that does the trick for you. :doff

Fixed! Thank you very Much :)

Back