• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help French or British Quest-line

Which quest-line you think is the best and the most interesting?

• Total voters
V

Valium

Hi guys.
I've been playing Age of Pirates 2 so far, but I've installed the GOF mod, lately, so I had to create the new save.
To be honest I've never finished any quest-line, but now I really would like to begin some quest-line and finish it, of course.

https://sites.google.com/site/skodacoas/home/nation-quest-lines

Because of, this site and these topics about that, I found out that after complation of British Quest-line, England finishes the war with Spain. It sounds really interesting, but I'm also interested the French Quest-line.
Unfortunately, the guide isn't complete. I would like learn how the international situation will look like after completion of the those French missions. Will there be another war or not?

I know also, that after complation of Dutch Quest-line, the United Provinces'll start also the war with Spain, so they will be the enemies for England and Spain.

I think that those two quest-lines ( English, French ) are the most interesting options.
If you have completed missions for France, could you write me something about the results of complation?

And so actually, which option you think is the best and most interesting?

Sry for my English, I'm still learning.
Regards and vote.

I'd like to refresh the topic and ask the question.
I'm still wondering whom should I work to, so I would like to find out something about "the results" or just changes after working for some country. For example, I know that after working for England, England hasn't got war with Spain. And after working for United Provinces, they have got new enemy - Spain.

The question: Can you tell me the changes after doing all missions for England or France or United Provinces?

Regards,
Matty

ahoy mate,
i know to answer you about the vanilla game, i hope they didnt change something on the gof mod.
so don't mind about nation relations. when you finish a nation quest line the world will go live, meaning from time to time there will be a nation relation change e.g. a war or peace treaty. before finishing a quest line the world stays dormant in order to not break a quest along the quest lines. so dont mind there is no actual gain or loose.
now when you finish the english quest line you will have the title of sir. e.g. people will call you Sir Captain Peter Blood.
if you finish the french quest line you will get the Baron title and perhaps you could try and capture the Soleil Royal.
in the spanish quest line there is a quest about destroying lavega. in this quest you capture lavega but in the vanilla game it is broken and you cant appoint a deputy successfully and it also goes live only after playing the pirates quest line, very buggy. i dont know if it has been fixed in the gof mod. also being a spanish is better for the isabella quest when you get married, cos SanJuan is where you ll be staying but you can also capture SanJuan for yourshelf or sell it to the nation which you play.
holland quest line doesnt offer something particular.

ahoy mate,
i know to answer you about the vanilla game, i hope they didnt change something on the gof mod.
so don't mind about nation relations. when you finish a nation quest line the world will go live, meaning from time to time there will be a nation relation change e.g. a war or peace treaty. before finishing a quest line the world stays dormant in order to not break a quest along the quest lines. so dont mind there is no actual gain or loose.
now when you finish the english quest line you will have the title of sir. e.g. people will call you Sir Captain Peter Blood.
if you finish the french quest line you will get the Baron title and perhaps you could try and capture the Soleil Royal.
in the spanish quest line there is a quest about destroying lavega. in this quest you capture lavega but in the vanilla game it is broken and you cant appoint a deputy successfully and it also goes live only after playing the pirates quest line, very buggy. i dont know if it has been fixed in the gof mod. also being a spanish is better for the isabella quest when you get married, cos SanJuan is where you ll be staying but you can also capture SanJuan for yourshelf or sell it to the nation which you play.
holland quest line doesnt offer something particular.

So if you would have to choose, would you work for France or England?

Over year has passed and I've not been playing for a long time.
I chose working for England and I think it's the most interesting choice.
Now I'm trying to complete my fleet to capture Santiago which is on Cuba, so there are probably 3 missions to finish the whole quest.
I can't wait for time when there won't be any war against England. Trading licenses are too expensive. :/

Anyway, my fleet is consisting of 3 vessels.
The constitution (3rd class ), The unicorn (4th class ) and Surprise (4th class ).
I wonder if there is any sense to hold Surprise because it's the weakest ship in my fleet, have got a lot of crewmen and takes a lot of cash.

Sometime ago I began the new game as Jack Aubrey and I began work for England.
I finished the whole English Nation Questline so I wrote some information for these who're thinking about it.

It changed a lot.
After finishing questline the main character receives title of Sir and permission for doing anything for the name of England. That means you can capture cities and make them the British colonies.
During missions Carracass and Cumana begins to be English colonies. War between England and Spain is ended. Relations between these two countries are neutral so it seems England is at state of war just with Holland.

Sometimies during sailing especially you can meet the information about changing relationship, so as en example I received an information that England declares war to France.
What's more, Holland ended war with England, began to be at state of war with France and relations between Holland and England are 'peace'. So here've got completly new coalition, France as an enemy and Spain with is in war with Spain and got neutral relations to others. It's my version, sometimies this theatre of war could change and as an example Holland may have war with France, etc.
What's more, I captured Fort Orange and Tortuga and made them British colonies and France captured Cartagena.

There's also more attacking other colonies.
Sometimies you can hear that one of countries made his enemy's colony as his own.
( France captured Cartagena and made it French colony, before that it was colony of Spain ).

I also noticed one thing.
You can try to start the new siege by opening menu ( F11 ) and then you can choose some choices.
F15 is changing nation relationships
F2 is starting the new siege, you should press F16 ( 5 days later ) and check what changed because of it.

Back