• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde from PotBS - ported by pgargon

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys as you probably heard recently on SeaNorris's thread about the ships he obtained permission to make from Remus77 he also got permission to also make the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde fourth rate or as they call it in PotBS the Alexander/Macedon.

I was just wondering who's going to be tackling that project?

I find a lot of the PotBS ships quite nice and am looking forward to seeing the ones we got permission to use get realeased as I think they'll make great additions to the build mod and CoAS.

Any volunteers? Certainly not me this time; I have WAY too much on my hands right now, for PA! and real life. :wacko:
So guys... can someone else please do this!! :j3

Is there a tutorial out there that I could follow to do this? All I know is textures, saolorpoints/walkfiles, ship init code. I have Maya but have not had any luck exporting GM files and I don't know locators. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

That puts you WELL ahead of me there Craiggo for ship modeling ability sadly. I don't know anything about making any kind of 3-D game model. If I did I'd certainly submit a ship, a character or two to the build mod.

All I can do is watch this stuff and try to find ship plans to submit for suggestions and I can't even do that very well.

The stuff you guys are doing is great.

Hi,

I've got the model itself nearly done.....just need the texture file for it.......then someone can add the cannons and locators & do a walk patch.

damski.

Hi,

Have we no takers for this project then ?
Most of the hard work is done.....I don't have time to finish it completely.......just thought I'd give a helping hand..

Hi,

I am not a texture artist and I work with 3ds Max 9 otherwise I myself would have a go, if its just textures I am gonna ask around as I am sure a PotBS modeller has made a royalty free version of the textures and this would prevent the need for remapping and be a good base for future skins.

Regards,

Hi SeaNorris,

If you can get the texture files that would be great, and better coming from the artist , not program grabbed ingame from POTBS.......the model is already mapped so no problems there.
No matter which program you model in you'll have to put it in Maya 5 to export it.

Cheers
damski.

Hi,

OK I'll do this one then........I'll take it from the name it's a dutch ship.

damski.

Hi,

OK I'll do this one then........I'll take it from the name it's a dutch ship.

damski.

You are correct Damski,

Although to be more precise, she was a German (Brandenburg) "Frigate" built in the Dutch style (Dutch 3rd rate) by Dutch shipwrights.
I know this will be one of my favorites. I actually built this kit in wood, but changed all the decorations and heraldry and turned her into a small Dutch Man o War.

She will definately be one of my favorites! If I had the knowledge I would have taken the project. Thanks for taking this on! :onya

Can't wait!

MK

Hi,

Just a little update on progress:-
Coming together slowly but surely.

damski.

Very nice work there mate. :yes
That's even nicer than the standard PotBS look for the ship.

Well done Damski. :onya

Hi,

I am intending to put a cabin with lighting in it....should work with the running lights for AoP.
Have you got any screenshots or pictures of this ship?........I'm guessing at what it should look like ATM.

Hi,

I am intending to put a cabin with lighting in it....should work with the running lights for AoP.
Have you got any screenshots or pictures of this ship?........I'm guessing at what it should look like ATM.

She's gorgeous!!! I can't believe we actually have her. I have some pics somewhere. I will dig them out and put them on my Flickr account and post a link. Give me a few hours.

MK

Damski, could you please make a PotC-compatible version as well?
That'd save me the job of converting it once you're finished. :wp

Back