• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Friendly fort attacks me (Build 14 Beta 4 12.04.16)

Funkarte

Landlubber
Hi all.

I was just playing the Nathaniel Hawk campaign and after spying on the french in Speightstown I went back to Port Royal to report to the governor. On arrival I was just shipping into range of the british fort when it shot a shitload of canonballs at me. I dont know why. I am friendly with Britain (+1 reputation) and was flying my own flag. But even when I tried again flying a british flag they attack me. I dont have any prohibited cargo, I never attacked any british guys, I dont know why they try to sink my beautiful "Whalefin" to the bottom of the sea. Did anyone else have a similar problem or knows what could have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

This has probably something to do with false flags :). The fort probably seen you flying an other flag so now it sees you fly this flag and recognises you as a traitor and therefore fires on you.
But @Pieter Boelen could explain this better.

Please post your compile.log file.
Probably there is an explanation logged in there.

Most likely, that fort saw you with a hostile flag earlier.

Oh thanks a lot for the quick answers! :)

I read the log file and yes, the Port Royal Fort remembers me as Spanish somehow. I may have switched flags some time before near the island... is there a way to fix relations with the fort or do I have to restart the campaign? Because Port Royal is kinda important to it I think.

As a quick response, I talked to the govenor, and there was a dialog option like "one of your forts fired upon me" and the govenor will act surprised and assure you it will be remedied.

However, I havn't been playing the game long, and it may be more difficult to solve than that. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Hey guys! Thank you for the advice! I talked to Silehart (I think thats how the governor in Port Royal is called) and unfortunately he didnt have any dialog option like that. Maybe because he isnt just a normal governor but a story line related character? I will keep on trying to find a way of getting the fort to like me again and will let you know if I find something that works.

Indeed try any other English governor.
Silehard in the Standard storyline is a bit of an exception.

Or find yourself a new ship. The fort remembers you in that particular type of ship, so if you get something else, the fort won't recognise you any more. You're going to need a bigger boat anyway - you won't be able to complete the storyline with the lugger in which you started the game!

Silehard was fixed so that he can do normal governor stuff in addition to his storyline role, but the thread title says "12.04.16" and the fix had not been applied then. You will need to speak to another British governor for other normal governor purposes as well as correcting the fort, e.g. to buy a Letter of Marque or to gain promotions if you already have one. Cayman is reasonably close.

Back