• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Frigate "Rossiya", 1728

Brilliantly done on both accounts! You can still recognize the old skins as inspiration. And that shade of green on the Dutch variant does look much better, I reckon.
Not to mention that red lion figurehead REALLY adds to the Dutch-ness of her. :woot

That pirate paint job is awesome Armada, and the skull and crossbones is gonna make her favorite for a lot of people, myself included. I really like the mermaid figurehead too! I just can't help myself and I have to say it again, she is absolutely gorgeous mate, fantastic work!

That pirate paint job is awesome Armada, and the skull and crossbones is gonna make her favorite for a lot of people, myself included.
The current PiratFrigateSup has the same stern decoration. :yes

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them. :cheers

I'll probably make one more generic texture tomorrow, to replace Frigate2, and leave out a Spanish paint scheme for now.
That way, I'll be able to release the lot just in time for the Build update. I'll have the interface screenshots all wrapped up as well.

EDIT: Do you know who made the original texture for PiratFrigateSup? I'm trying to make sure credit is given for the inspiration, because it's not entirely my own original work.

that repainted mermaid looks like a very early GOTH chick to me.
And MARAUDER is such a Fitting Name!
I like your way of thinking!

I'll probably make one more generic texture tomorrow, to replace Frigate2, and leave out a Spanish paint scheme for now.
That way, I'll be able to release the lot just in time for the Build update. I'll have the interface screenshots all wrapped up as well.
Sounds great! Do we want the SP_Frigate to be removed from the game altogether, or just leave her as old version?

EDIT: Do you know who made the original texture for PiratFrigateSup? I'm trying to make sure credit is given for the inspiration, because it's not entirely my own original work.
Damski62 did. :yes

And MARAUDER is such a Fitting Name!
I like your way of thinking!
That was Damski's idea for the old model; I just improved the texture quality. :wp

Sounds great! Do we want the SP_Frigate to be removed from the game altogether, or just leave her as old version?
Well I don't think it's entirely fitting for Spain, anyway. It looks like an old wreck.
Maybe we could keep it as a pirate ship? It can share the same walk file as Frigate_sat, anyway.

Just finished the generic version to replace Frigate2, complete with horse figurehead:
Frigate2.jpg

I'm now packaging the whole lot, will upload in a moment.

EDIT: Files now uploaded! See first post for a link to version 1.2, containing all fixes, tweaks and texture variants. :dance

Just thought I'd mention that the following ships are still based on the old frigate:
Frigate_sat
RN_Frigate
SP_Frigate
US_Frigate

I've just managed to make a usable sailorspoints/walk file. See attached for both versions.
Currently I've only got the crew walking around the weather deck. The Sailor Tool started stuttering after a while, making it frustrating to use, so I couldn't add points to the gun deck. I might try again tomorrow.
Armada, are you sure this works? For whatever reason, I'm having no crew on Frigate1 anymore at all. :modding

Edit: Nope, none of them have any crew at all. :(

Just thought I'd mention that the following ships are still based on the old frigate:
Frigate_sat
RN_Frigate
SP_Frigate
US_Frigate
The first I consider too unique to completely replace, since it has a very distinctive character, anyway. Maybe it can be upgraded eventually.
The RN and US versions should be replaced by some of Captain Armstrong's ships with similar stats.

Armada, are you sure this works? For whatever reason, I'm having no crew on Frigate1 anymore at all. :modding

Edit: Nope, none of them have any crew at all. :(
Erm, it works for me. I provided the new walk file, and the ships_init entries are meant to use it. Sometimes walk files are extremely temperamental, so maybe you just need to re-init again in a different save game, or start a new game. A re-init was all that I needed to do.

Turns out that shipWalk.c had its case called "FRIGATE1", but everywhere else referred to just "FRIGATE". So that is problem solved now.

That's really weird then, because it worked fine for me even with that mistake in shipWalk.c. I wonder how long that's been there?
Good catch, anyway. :onya

If you install the files from the first post correctly, you should be able to encounter the ship at sea, or purchase it from a shipyard, in the Sea Hawk storyline and Jack Sparrow storyline.

You don't need the files in the first post anymore. Just get Build 14 Beta 2.3 which was released just now. :doff

That problem should be fixed in Build 14 Beta 2.3. ;)

Back