• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Frigate "Rossiya", 1728

OK, those are poor examples of similar ships. It's worth noting that SP_Frigate is over-gunned, though, and should probably have 32 - 36 guns like the Rossiya.
With that in mind, perhaps a more similar ship is the Raa frigate with 32 guns, which again is also used by Spain.

fileid_213_imgid_294.jpg
fileid_213_imgid_295.jpg
fileid_213_imgid_296.jpg
fileid_213_imgid_299.jpg
фрегат Россия

Downloaded the files out of curiosity... What have you done to my ship?! You ripped out the cabin and lower deck! You replaced nearly all the details! :shock

Well I'm sorry, but if that's the case, I'd prefer it if they didn't even use the model at all, rather than completely undoing most of my hard work. :rumgone

Are there so many issues with performance then? We've got a lot of high-detail models in PotC these days and I don't remember (m)any people complaining about performance.

No. I don't know what's wrong with the Sailorspoints file, and I've had no assistance from CoAS modders to get the ship released for that game. :modding

Does anyone happen to have plans of Willem Barendtsz sloops which brought his crew to safety?

I sailed on the Gorch Fock, believe me they are. Besides, compared with other high quality ships like Centurien, it's clearly visible. Apart from that, thre ship is awsome, but the vants realy strike me.

The stays, shrouts and backstays form the standing rigging. Those ropes are the biggest ones and clearly be visualised as such.

Playing with moderate resolution, these ropes keep partially disapearing at a certain scroll distance or angle while turning the cam.

Last edited:
Hmm I was aboard the amsterdam of roughly the same era the other day and they looked about the same...isn't the gorch Foch rather modern?

I was also aboard the Amsterdam after a sailed on the Gorch Fuck for 7 weeks, it matches more with GF in its thickness, due to function of that rigging element (provide structural stability, climbing without cutting your hands and weather resistence) . A funktional constante for centuries now and has nothing to do with overall modern ship designs.

Maybe they are to thin on the Rossiya, but I can't promise that I'll find time to correct them for the PotC/AoP2 model.
I will take this into account when working on the upgraded Hearts of Oak model, though.

Cool. I like the use of one of the transom textures as a repeating pattern on the hull. :onya

Wasn't that difficult :p

BTW, regarding the issue with the shrouts and stays, would it be possible to place the Rigging+Masts and Tops (+3 laterns due to 3 masts) of the Raa on that ship? It would not only solve my problem, but also make her more historical accurate for the time period before 1720...

What would you say?

Last edited:
Back