• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Frigate walk decks

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I wonder if it might be time to take a look at the firgate deck that we get when we go to the ship. I don't think it has been changed since the original POTC and it is also used on a variety of smaller ships, barks, schooners, etc. And, of course it very different from what you get when go the deck view during ship encounters.

We have so many great new features that enhance the game maybe someone could fix this so that when you go the frigate deck the deck you are matches the type frigate you have,

We only have a few 3D models for ship decks and none that truly match with their respective ships.
I know @Armada did a lot of reassigning to get them matching up at least as closely as possible.
If there are any specific ships that you think should use a different deck, that could be easily changed. :doff

Well, I don't think any of the frigate decks are appropriate, the decks are too small and show battle damage (stairs) even when there shouldn't be.

The only way to avoid that damage is to not use those deck models. We aren't going to be getting new ones, that's for sure.
So we have to make do with what we do have. :shrug

ok, it was just a thought. You have done such a great job updating and improving the game. Thank you.

Yeah, this is a consequence of the game engine requiring separate deck models for boarding. To have them truly match up, we would need to basically make a copy of every ship model in the game, optimise it by removing polygons that are out of sight from the deck view (such as the hull exterior) and then change the locators to make them work with boarding.
I imagine it would also take some significant changes to the code as well. Hence it's easier to live with what we've got, which isn't so bad in my view. :)

Sure, there are so many great features in the game this doesn't really matter much.

Back