• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Funny/Bizarre/Interesting Images and/or Videos

You know how, if you're sailing around the Caribbean and you pick up a coin with a skull on the "heads" side, your ship looks a bit messy with holes in the sails and smoke coming out of odd places? Well, if you're driving around town and you find a similar coin in your loose change, your car will probably end up looking like the Rat Rod. And you probably don't want to see the Forans at night as they may have lost some weight...

xD

I also ran across this the other day, I am more impressed with the 3D printed model than the dressed up scissor lift.

6beers.gif

Rex-china-car-blade.jpg

rexfeatures_4850359c.jpg

rexfeatures_4850359g.jpg

A driver has cheated death in China after a huge saw blade fell off a truck and cut into his car.

The man was driving down a motorway on the way to the south-western city of Chongqing on Wednesday when the freak accident happened.

He suddenly heard a loud noise from the opposite side of the road and saw a huge round object hurtling towards him over the central reservation, the People’s Daily reported.

The driver told the newspaper that he saw “white” smoke as something hit his car and he skidded for several seconds before coming to a stop.

When he got out of the vehicle, he saw the 1.5m wide saw blade embedded in its bonnet, just inches from the driver's seat.

Police who were called to the scene reportedly said he was lucky to have escaped injury and that a slight change in the saw’s course could have been fatal.

It had fallen out of a flatbed truck that crashed on the other side of the road, throwing several blades off the back.

No one was injured and authorities are investigating whether the blades were properly secured.

Original story HERE!

Russian aircraft carrier rescued by tug.

In an embarrassing episode for the Russian navy, the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier broke down in one of the world’s roughest stretches of water.

The ship’s trouble-prone engines stalled in the Bay of Biscay in 2012, and footage of Nikolay Chiker towing the 1,000ft Kuznetsov has emerged on YouTube.

The video shows the tugboat ploughing through heavy swells as it manoeuvres alongside the stricken 43,000-tonne warship before firing a line to the aircraft carrier, attaching a cable and setting off to tow it back to Russia for repair.

You can read the full story HERE!

This reminds me of the time in 1983 an American nuclear aircraft carrier was heading into the Oakland Naval Base in San Francisco Bay. It was the USS Enterprise.

So the Captain is below decks giving interviews to reporters while the harbor master was guiding the ship in when it got stuck in the mud. I happened to be working on the waterfront and got a great view of the action. They brought out 5 or so tugs, waited for high tide, and then got the 3,500 crew to stand on one side of the deck while the tugs pushed. They did get it unstuck but that Captain's career was over.
Aircraft Carrier Stuck in Bay - This Forgotten Day in S.F.

I found this video a while ago.

The editing is really good, it seems like it is the original film.

:rofl

Back