• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game crash everytime go to port !

☭Michael_Myers☭

Sailor Apprentice
my game seem to have crash everytime i was about to go to port !

playing the original tales of a sea hawk !

Build 14 Beta 4.1(23 sept)

i changed the archive file from 7z to tar,is that the problem ?

Attachments

• system.log
    844 bytes · Views: 161
  • compile.log
    7.3 KB · Views: 151
What is texLoad.txt?

Did the original game work? This makes me think of ye olde Intel bug more than anything else.
Either that, or an installation error. Did you allow the Installer EXE to do its job?

my game seem to have crash everytime i was about to go to port !

playing the original tales of a sea hawk !

Build 14 Beta 4.1(23 sept)

i changed the archive file from 7z to tar,is that the problem ?
Which archive file did you change? The one from Moddb.com is already a tar - "b14_beta4_final.tar" to be exact. If you changed that in any way then the installer ("b14_beta4-1_installer.exe") will not recognise it, though in that case you should have got an error message while trying to install. The 23rd September update is a zip and you need to extract its contents manually, then copy the whole "PROGRAM" and "RESOURCE" folders into place. Windows should detect that you're trying to copy "PROGRAM" to a destination which already includes "PROGRAM" and merge the two; likewise for "RESOURCE".

Can you post your "compile.log", and if there is one, also "error.log"? Both should be at the top level of the game installation folder, the same place as "system.log" which you already posted.

What is texLoad.txt?

Did the original game work? This makes me think of ye olde Intel bug more than anything else.
Either that, or an installation error. Did you allow the Installer EXE to do its job?
i didn't check if the original,i just install the main game then install the mod right away,i'm usin window XP so the base game should work but i'm not sure about the mod though !
Which archive file did you change? The one from Moddb.com is already a tar - "b14_beta4_final.tar" to be exact. If you changed that in any way then the installer ("b14_beta4-1_installer.exe") will not recognise it, though in that case you should have got an error message while trying to install. The 23rd September update is a zip and you need to extract its contents manually, then copy the whole "PROGRAM" and "RESOURCE" folders into place. Windows should detect that you're trying to copy "PROGRAM" to a destination which already includes "PROGRAM" and merge the two; likewise for "RESOURCE".

Can you post your "compile.log", and if there is one, also "error.log"? Both should be at the top level of the game installation folder, the same place as "system.log" which you already posted.

i download from our forum page Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 23 sept] | PiratesAhoy! i didn't check if the link was from MODDB,i can post a complie file but no error file found !

i'm usin window XP so the base game should work
Whether the game works or not has nothing to do with the Windows version. It is, however, highly dependent on your graphics card.
It is definitely good practice to double-check the game works before installing the mod; just in case.

i download from our forum page Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 23 sept] | PiratesAhoy! i didn't check if the link was from MODDB,i can post a complie file but no error file found !
There is no 7-Zip file anywhere available for download from that thread. So what did you change from .7z to .tar?

Also: Did you allow the Installer EXE to do its job?

That page contains links to the installation wizard (on Pirates Ahoy's servers), the archive file (on Moddb) and the zip update (on the forum page). The 23rd September update does have numerous bugs, though as far as I know none serious enough to crash the game routinely when entering port, but enough that you should also install a further update available on this page:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)] | PiratesAhoy!

Please do post "compile.log". I'm surprised that there's no "error.log" after a game crash, but it isn't always created.

Also, try deleting the file "options". This can become corrupted, resulting in all sorts of problems, which means deleting it can solve all sorts of problems. If you changed any game settings from the "Options" screen after the start menu then you'll need to set them again.

Whether the game works or not has nothing to do with the Windows version. It is, however, highly dependent on your graphics card.
It is definitely good practice to double-check the game works before installing the mod; just in case.

There is no 7-Zip file anywhere available for download from that thread. So what did you change from .7z to .tar?

Also: Did you allow the Installer EXE to do its job?
yeah i double check the file,it was tar but idm changed it to 7z(don't know why though) !
if allow exe to do it's job by not touching the install tab then yes !

If you changed the archive from tar to 7z (your original post had the change going the other way) then indeed the install will not work properly. The installer is looking for the tar file and I'm surprised you even got as far as being able to play the game at all, as the installer should have complained if it couldn't find the tar archive.

Here's how I install the game:
1. Install "Pirates of the Caribbean" from CD. By default this wants to go to "C:\Program Files", which causes trouble in Windows 7 or later, so I send it to "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean" instead.
2. Download the Build installer and tar archive. They don't need to go to the same folder as the game, or even to the same drive - mine are on D:. But they do need to be in the same folder as each other. Do not change these files in any way.
3. Run the installer. It asks where the game is installed, and again by default wants to go to "C:\Program Files", even though you're not supposed to have the game there and the instructions built into the installer specifically warn against it. Change the folder to be wherever you installed the game from CD. In my case that's "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".
4. Er... that's it. If you've put the stock game somewhere safe and told the Build Mod installer correctly where it is, the installer will take care of the rest.

After that it's just a matter of editing "engine.ini" and "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h" to change a few settings to suit my play style. Then fire it up, pick a storyline and get pirating...

no when i downloaded it the file is 7z so i cannot install it
How come it downloads as .7z though? It is uploaded as .tar . Though if you rename it back to .tar, that's certainly OK.
The Installer EXE contains a check to ensure the archive isn't corrupted, so you shouldn't be able to accidentally mess that up.

however i installed the game in D drive
Doesn't matter, as long as you point the Installer EXE to wherever you have your game.

ok i'll reinstall the game and the mod one more time,see if it'll fix !

update:still crash even though this time i don't use the WIP zip file !

i also trying to delete the file option like Grey said but now i can't even get in the game

Attachments

• system.log
    845 bytes · Views: 172
  • compile.log
    7.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
so the base game work just fine but when i installed the mod it crashed !

maybe i should download the file without IDM,see if the error cause by download tool

so the base game work just fine but when i installed the mod it crashed !
Did you also try to start a New Game using the base game and set sail from port?
Because if you've got the Intel bug, the stock game WOULD start. But you'd get a crash shortly afterwards anyway.

If not, then it must be an installation error of some kind.
You are absolutely certain you followed the instructions posted by @Grey Roger in post #8 above?
Of course changing the destination folder to wherever you want to keep your game?

The Installer EXE contains a CRC check, so regardless of how you downloaded the files, it should tell you if it became corrupted.

yeah i double check the file,it was tar but idm changed it to 7z(don't know why though) !

maybe i should download the file without IDM,see if the error cause by download tool
If IDM is doing silly things such as changing file format, e.g. tar to 7Z, then yes, try downloading both the installer and the archive without IDM. Reinstall the game from scratch using those IDM-less files. If you can then play the Build Mod, never trust IDM again.

Windows XP is not a problem.
I wonder if perhaps your hardware cannot handle the amount of mod-added stuff.

Can you upload all the .log files from your main game folder again?

ok,uploaded !

also when i starting the new game and i choose the third option(sorry malcom.....) the game run just fine but i lost my ship and some other stuff,i start a new game again and it crashed !

and is the .b file appear in the game folder,is it because i turn on the codefile ?

Attachments

• compile.log
    13.7 KB · Views: 150
  • system.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 158
Nothing obviously crash-worthy in there, but the last thing in compile.log is:
Code:
Gauging: smuggling

We'd need to check what is supposed to happen after that, because I think that might provide a clue.

EDIT: Apparently this is what is supposed to happen next, which suggests it is an error with @Levis' code:
Code:
Gauging: cargos
Strange though that nobody else seems to have that problem.
Could it be a hardware issue that your computer cannot handle all the new features?

Back