• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game crashes at start

I have the EXACT same GFX card (82945G) from when I changed my better one when my mother board died and couldn't fit previeous one I had.
PotC didn't play to my computer too, but I used swiftshader and it worked with an awful performance. So I thrown it away and bought CoAS which did not support Intel Onboard GFX cards either... BUT it was playable with a lot better performance than PotC with swiftshader and after some changes like texture quality, sea detail etc., it runs almost perfectly except from the cases of huge battles with 5 or more ships when there is also the solution to NOT turn the camera at the enemy ships.

So, I suggest you trying CoAS - it is worth it anyway.

Well i tried CoAS too and it crashed with the same thing i can't even get coAS started up so i think i will need a new graphic card then i'll try again. its definetly ny graphic card welll thanks everyone for the support and help really appreciated the fast feedback :onya

Doesn't matter whether you try PotC, AoP or CoAS. Virtually the same game engine = troubles with Intel GFX cards for all games.

Indeed that doesn't make much sense. Did you have to use SwiftShader for CoAS?

I have seen a couple of people post about being to play CoAS on Intel graphics without Swiftshader, I have no idea why and it makes absolutely no sense to me. :shrug

The only thing that I can think of is maybe they are playing on a newer version of Intel's chipset, but a lot of people don't even know how to find what kind of chipset they are using let alone the version, so I am just guessing. :shrug

Sounds like they're lucky then. Oh well, no complaints if something works that based on what we've experienced shouldn't work. Right? :cheeky

I wish intel never had tried to make graphics cards, they suck at it, lol

my game crashes when i use certain ships, the master and comanders hms surprise for one, the game crashes within seconds of the first sea battle, and the hms victory, sometimes i get this grey flashing patches during battles which sometimes resolve themself and sometimes it crashes back to the desktop, Its not bothering me much, i just avoid using certain ships i know to be a problem, it would be great though to fix it somehow, so, heres my sys specs, AMD athlon II, 3 GB RAM, MSI 760G M'board with integrated ATI graphics (700mb video mem)

Its an integrated graphics card, and theres the fix available for problems with intels integrated graphics, would this maybe work for me?

:gday mate.

I don't think swiftshader will help you because it is designed for Intel graphics, not ATI. Your system probably plays the original POTC fine, but is struggling with the increased load of the new hi-rez ships.

Upgraded hardware starting with a newer video card is your only help. That motherboard appears to have a pci-e slot so you can get a good video card cheap.

Your integrated graphics appears to be an ATI 3000, so you would want something much better than that. Let your bank account be your guide but something in the ATI 5000 or 6000 range should work.

The gray flashing is the Graphic Anomalies that we have not been able to stop yet. :modding

I have PotC and latest build mod and as soon as i click on start new game it loads a error saying either engine.exe not working or PotC has stoppped working please help me, I have AoP2 with GoF mod and that works great!

I have 4gb drr3 ram i5 second gen 4x cpu 2.3ghz and a ATI 6490 gfx card built in

Ahoy! Your hardware can run POTC just fine, so it is probably an installation problem. Do you have POTC installed in program files? That will cause it to not run as windoze security interferes with it. Perhaps you will need to set up a DEP exception for POTC. I have a problem with my ATI video card in that I have to set the resolution to 32 bit in config.exe and then set the screen resolution in engine.ini. Read the FAQ and we will get you running. http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/frequently-asked-questions.14915/

I am trying to install the game but i have no idea what is going on...

Attachments

• extract.JPG
    extract.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 272
  • extracting.JPG
    extracting.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 267
  • files.JPG
    files.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 276
  • potc.JPG
    potc.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 267
It looks like you installed stock POTC correctly. Now open the engine.ini (the one without the icon) and set your screen resolution in the top rows. Now play the game and see how it runs. If all is well you are now ready to install the Mod from MODDB.

Back