• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game Crashes Runtime Error Visual C++

Aerilon

Powder Monkey
Currently I am playing the main quest of the Tales of a Sea Hawk. I am currently Invading the Bridgetown Fort to free this old man. The first and second encounter in the fort is flawless but when I try to enter the third stage "Port" the game always freezes and then crashes with the Windows Error Message "Error in Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime" whatever.

Any Idea how to fix?

I can remember to have played the main quest with New Horizons Mod before without any problems.

That one

Attachments

• 2014-08-11 21_25_22-Storm Engine 2.png
    2014-08-11 21_25_22-Storm Engine 2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 118
What version are you playing? Beta 3.2? I played through that battle in Beta 3.2 two months ago and it all went well, which surprised me. I expected trouble.

Do you have any log files? They might give us some clues as to what happened to you.

The current version is Build 14 Beta 3.2. It states what version it is on the main screen with the ship in it.

Look in your POTC folder. They will be the compile.log and system.log. Sometimes there is also an error.log.

Yep it's Beta 3.2
Here are the compile.log and system.log. There was no error.log
I changed the file to .txt because otherwise your upload function was would not be able to let me upload them.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

• compile.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 169
  • system.txt
    463 bytes · Views: 137
Lol but it does and Runs perfectly except for the third stage of the Invasion.
Why exactly Do you say it should Not Start?

You call me a liar, sir? I demand a Duell!
Well just kidding...These ARE the log files from the POTC Folder. I am 100% sure. But I will check it again as soon as I am home.

Ok, these are the .log files from
E:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean - New Horizons
Or are the wanted log files in another directory? Like My Documents or a hidden directory like AppData, LocalLow, Roaming or something like that?

Attachments

• compile.LOG
    1.7 KB · Views: 138
  • system.log
    463 bytes · Views: 132
Those log files are too small and have no useful information in them. They should look more like these log files do.

Attachments

• compile.7z
    10.3 KB · Views: 105
  • error.7z
    439 bytes · Views: 98
  • system.7z
    4.1 KB · Views: 107
Indeed those log files claim that the game got closed basically right upon opening the main menu.
Several options:
1. These are not the log files from your game folder. Do you have multiple game folders that could confuse things?
2. Somehow "error logging" got disabled, despite this being enabled by default in all Beta 3 versions.
3. Windows Security Stupidity is preventing the game from writing new log files, despite it being installed on the E-Drive.

Here's something to try: DELETE all the .log files from your main game folder, then try that savegame again.
If you now close the game and there are .log files again, then you are certain they were generated during gameplay.
Then upload those versions and hopefully they'll be the correct ones. :facepalm

Ok I deleted the .log Files. Then I started the game, loaded my savegame right before the battle. I land troops. First stage clear, second stage clear. Entering third stage -> crash.
Now these are new .log files. All they contain is, as I suppose, what happened between deleting the old ones, loading, and crashing.
An error.log file was NOT created.

Edit: I also tried to use older savegames. The first few times it didn't worked.
I just tried to use an older savegame but now I experience the failure that the Bridgetown Fort does not take damage aka loose cannons. Though I am firing with about 200 cannons on that damn thing (and in the first instance they surrendered pretty fast :D )

Attachments

• system.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 132
  • compile.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 142
Ok I deleted the .log Files. Then I started the game, loaded my savegame right before the battle. I land troops. First stage clear, second stage clear. Entering third stage -> crash.
Now these are new .log files. All they contain is, as I suppose, what happened between deleting the old ones, loading, and crashing.
An error.log file was NOT created.
Yep, those are the correct ones.

This is the last code that was successfully executed and logged:
Quest name Abordage_Quest FOUND in CommonQuestComplete

You have 4 1st rates for that battle? :bow
Yeah I first tried it with my frigate but had not a chance. I could remember from a long time ago when I had no New Horizons Mod that it wa a quite hard fight and it went well with 4 1st cas ships. So I just did the same again to be 100% sure to kick those fuckers arses. Seems like I exaggerated a little bit...

Back