• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Game freezes after capture town

A.H

Privateer
I just captured Bridgetown for my own self and assigned one of my master @ arms to command its fort.
After I finish dialog with british officer in town.. the game cannot move. I can rotate the camera and i see the atmosphere move normally... but i cannot press F1, or F2.. or ENTER.
Even my character is stuck at same position I had dialog with.

Only F5 and F6 work.. so i saved the game and attached here..
any idea how i can go back to my ship or get out of this situation?

Ps. Man O war took out Bridgetown fort in just 7 cannon reloads (less than 1 minute!)

Attachments

• error.log
    148 KB · Views: 104
  • FreePlay.7z
    748.3 KB · Views: 93
EDIT: it worked now.. i had to restart the game 3 times.. now i'm able to move again freely.
Whichever mod is online, plz delete this thread.. :oops:

Please update your game to the latest version first...

Again I can't confirm this I loaded the save and it worked instantly...

Will do.. strange though it never happened to me before.
I couldn't even shut game down I had to press alt F4

Damn windows 10.. it causes major problems to me.
Even just now my laptop just shut down by itself.. and yesterday it went to sleep by itself while i was in the middle of doing work.

Never had such issues on windows 8.1

Damn windows 10.. it causes major problems to me.
Even just now my laptop just shut down by itself.. and yesterday it went to sleep by itself while i was in the middle of doing work.

Never had such issues on windows 8.1
This is why I haven't upgraded yet :p.
Check to see if you power settings are wrong maybe ;).

I'm noob in these matters.. how can i know if power is right or wrong?
I have high performance set on all options on power.. as well as graphics.

Im having similar issue now with Spreighstown... i captured it but when speaking to british officer for takeover.. no dialog can happen:

There is a random citizen standing somewhere nearby with british officer just standing there..
im unable to enter mansion neither.

Fortunately, in all the siege of spreighstown, i didn't get any error logs :D

EDIT: Nvm it worked now.. same as before, had to restart game twice and now i can see a dialog appear...
somehow im starting to think about how it would function by simply closing game and re opening :|

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    727.3 KB · Views: 85
I seem to be on a roll digging up old bugs. Does anyone ever have success renaming their islands immediately on capture? I tried 5 times in a row and got this exact issue where I was perfectly stuck but could rotate 360 degrees, had to alt f4. As soon as I compromised on not altering the name of the island, it worked no problem. I tried to duplicate it just once more - to the same results; I'll see if it happens on the next settlement I push on.

I was able to rename it after the fact, however.

Strange. For reference, the island was the Turks. My game is up-to-date as of a week ago. The nature of the freeze is very curious. The PC gets slightly elevated, floating off the ground. You can move the mouse but the game will no longer detect keys, just as Levis refers to. Won't even be able to open the menu. I think this is little-to-no priority though, because the only way I can re-create it is by doing something that is easily done later.

Edit: I'm adding a savefile in case anyone cares to re-create, you must rename Grand Turk in the assignment screen in order to cause it.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 230.rar
    775.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
The nature of the freeze is very curious. The PC gets slightly elevated, floating off the ground.
@Levis: Did you re-enable the collision detection for the BuildingSet again?
If so, could this potentially be THE FLOATING BUG again? :shock

Back