• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game has been great, other than maps..

Jolly_Pirate

Landlubber
I noticed when I play the default story line and edit the main character's name, look, nation, etc, there are no maps to buy at any store anymore. I have been to around 4 different islands, in stores and street sellers, and there are no maps to buy.
I have bought maps in another game mode, I do not recall which, so I know maps can be bought, but for some reason in my past 3 game tries, there never are maps for purchase.

Maps are there. Not everyone has them or any maps at all. Just be patient and you will find them along with many other things like the special weapons.

At first I thought the same as you but maps are appearing. It's just that not many traders have them. I had luck with pirate settlements.

At first I thought the same as you but maps are appearing. It's just that not many traders have them. I had luck with pirate settlements.

Ok, thanks. I have not seen one map since I started a new character. Been to about 10 different ports now, and have not seen a single map yet.

At game START? That might actually be the problem: Low-level items start disappearing after a certain level.

Just checked and I don't see a minlevel defined for the maps anyway. :shrug

Do you think we should make the maps more common, and available from the start?
They're a pretty useful tool, especially for new players, so I don't think we should make the maps that hard to find.

As far as I know, they're not that hard to find. In fact, many people reported in the past that the map availability seemed "just right".
I checked and there is no minlevel defined for them, so I don't know what is going on. Could it just be down to tremendously bad luck?

I started a new game just hours ago and found all the maps right away. Of course I had no money to buy said maps...........

They do get extremely rare later on.

Well, I played for hours map hunting, found none. So, I reinstalled the mod, started a new game, and the maps were there. Not sure what went wrong, but a mod reinstall solved whatever it was.
You gentleman have a great week.....I'll be offline for a while. Take care and thanks for all the help you've given over the past few days.
The mod is awesome! :ship

Try deleting the "options" file first next time in case you start experiencing weird stuffs after some time, without problems, again instead of re-installing.
This might save time and effort. :rpirate

I started a new game just hours ago and found all the maps right away. Of course I had no money to buy said maps...........

They do get extremely rare later on.
Perhaps we should make them fairly common regardless of player level? I can't see why they should start disappearing because the player reaches a high level.

I was referring to "certain items in general" with that. As far as I can tell from the code when I actually checked, that does not apply to the maps.

Back