• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game install problems for windows7 (not tages)

Diceknife

Son of Slocum
I cant install Coas. I get an error message( an error occurred while trying to read source file. Data error(cyclic redundancy check) I have no idea what this means. the disk runs the set up right up to install part then I get this.
I have installed tages driver and it says cunfig is correct and is running. please help if anyone has had this happen to them or know of anything I could do. thanx a bunch.

I got it installed, thnk god I have been feenin for this game for weeks! but im sorry to say I don't know how I fixed it but after trying 4 or 5 times i got mad, and said "THATS IT", and tried again lol and it worked. I have looked all through this forum and I know one of you guys who keep this forum together for so long would have helped me. But there is no need now but I would like to thank you all for the help that you have given other ppl that also helps us new guys who don't know. Good job!

a CRC error, means that there is a read error when checking the integrity of the data, which could be corrupted.

Check the disk for scratches or finger prints, clean it well and try again....

you could try to dump all de disk content to a folder in the hard drive, and install it from there...

Try to use other DVD drive...

If all of this does not work, the disk is damaged, try to change it with your seller...

If the problem is neither the drive nor the disk, software and processes running in the background may be causing the issue. Look for anything that utilizes "real time file scanning" (such as anti-virus and anti-spyware programs) and disable these while the game is installing. Also, if you run disk imaging / mounting software (such as Alcohol, et. al) it could be interfering with the copy protection enabled on the disk, resulting in a CRC error. To resolve this, the software should be disabled or uninstalled entirely before attempting to install the game.

I got it installed, thnk god I have been feenin for this game for weeks! but im sorry to say I don't know how I fixed it but after trying 4 or 5 times i got mad, and said "THATS IT", and tried again lol and it worked. I have looked all through this forum and I know one of you guys who keep this forum together for so long would have helped me. But there is no need now but I would like to thank you all for the help that you have given other ppl that also helps us new guys who don't know. Good job!

Oh! i just read that you was able to install it... good to hear that!

good luck on the seas!

I have tried what you said,but for some reason i cant get setup_1 to copy,iv got all the files but this one. Maybe a scratch i cant see but its gitin on me nervs! It down loaded the one time and i read on the forum i should play the game w/o mods, then install a fresh game for the mods and BAM, the same scheiss...Only this time it wont install.....Help im in the water w/o me ship! oh and can i get SETUP_1 from an outside source? thnx for helpin

Well I once also had problem installing this game. It stopped about halfway. And I found out it was a hardwareproblem causing this. The screencard was the problem.

i can install other games with no prob,watch dvds, but this game wont install. I dont know if i can get this SETUP-1 file online or in an email of a copy paste type deal,but i have all of the files but this one. Anyone that knows what to do will get my first born.lol thnx all for the replys.

Back