• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Promotion: Laying the Foundation

Is it possible to colour them in digitally? I know I have done that in the past, but on a decidedly less professional level:
Dol en Mike Fijn.jpg

I think that that would detract from the artwork, since that kind of coloring clashes with the ultra-realistic form of my newest few works. I think that getting it to look right that way would take longer than tracing and painting it. :rolleyes:

Ok I just joined you guys after I read that you are making the best game of all time... I just wanted to say keep up the good work, you guys are the best and please never give up on it. YAAAARRRR!!! :ship

not sure were to post this but do u need any tester's..if u do let me know..always like finding bugs oh and include cheats if their r any

They're not even up to the Pre-Alpha stage yet mate... I'm sure no testing will be required for a good few months at least.

We will let everyone know when we have a version ready for public testing, don't worry.

You should be prepared to have your servers crash and an influx of people when it's available ;)

Thanks for spreading the word! :cheers
It sounds like that programmer has a slightly different (and commercial) vision with his game concept, but it's interesting nonetheless!
If you can direct him to our forum, that would be great. Even if he's not interested in working on Hearts of Oak, we can at least offer him a place to advertise his own game.
We'll no doubt have plenty of willing beta testers, too.

Would you mind waiting a bit? I'm intending to write down my own thoughts on a whole bunch of subjects based on what I've read here.
Then people can post their comments on that and we'll take it from there. If everything goes as planned, I'll get to work on that write-up tomorrow.
another quote:
From Armada: Our exact intentions are still up in the air, and need to be compiled from the Brainstorming threads.

Just my thoughts but the "method" in these forums is all over the place. It is difficult for a new person to get a good idea of what is going on. Too many locations, threads, old and new, and so on. More people will mean more threads and more replies and nobody able to follow.

Just my thoughts but the "method" in these forums is all over the place. It is difficult for a new person to get a good idea of what is going on. Too many locations, threads, old and new, and so on. More people will mean more threads and more replies and nobody able to follow.
Well can you suggest a better way of organising things, then? Suggestions are more useful to me than criticism. :checklist

Fascinating! Especially that they used the exact same name that we did! :rofl

Fascinating! Especially that they used the exact same name that we did! :rofl
That's quite a coincidence! It's good that we were creative enough to add "Conquest of the Seas" to our title, otherwise it would look like we just stole the name and put an 's' on the end of 'Heart'. xD

LOL! Does anyone think we should contact the developer of that game and see if we can hook up in some way?

It might indeed be worth sending him an e-mail about our project. I have a feeling he'd like where we're going with it, because it's effectively the same ideas he had, but with better graphics.
My only concern is that he might actually think we stole his entire game concept along with the name... that could be awkward. :unsure

Back