• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

game screen, dont start

solid313

Landlubber
so i installed the game, it starts.... i see the videos at the begining, and then just stops....

i dont understand what the problem is, i have reinstalled serveral times, does not give error message of any kind.

so again: game starts, i see vidios, and then what looks like a loading screen THEN BOOM, whole game shuts down ):

can someone help me?

o ya, i have a sh*ty computer, ummm

these are my things w/e:

Windows XP

You Have: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz
You Have: 1.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.40 GHz
RAM:You Have: 1.0 GB
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
You Have: 9.0c

You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio
You Have: 276.6 GB.........................

i hope its not my sh*tty comp ):, i bought the game ):

these are the

1. Minimum Specifications and Controls
=========================================================================
Windows XP, DirectX 9.0c
Pentium IV 1.8 GHz or equivalent
256 MB RAM
DirectX 9 GeForce 3 (not MX-series) class video card with 128 MB RAM DirectX-compatible soundcard
4 GB of hard drive space
DVD-ROM
Keyboard, mouse

Welcome Mate,

I don't see anything in your specs that jumps out at me that would prevent you from playing the game.

Question: After you see the videos, do you hear any sounds over a black screen, or does it crash to desktop?

If you can hear sounds/music with a black screen you should try changing your screen resolution. Try playing with several different settings.

Look around here on the site for topics about resolution to learn what tweaks are possible.

MK

Code:
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family
Intel integrated graphics card is never a good thing; they don't like these games.
Using SwiftShader (http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/swiftshader-v20-demo) will allow it to run, but not smoothly.
Your best bet is to put another GFX card into your computer; doesn't need to be an excessively good one, as long as it's not an Intel integrated one.

Code:
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family
Intel integrated graphics card is never a good thing; they don't like these games.
Using SwiftShader (http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/swiftshader-v20-demo) will allow it to run, but not smoothly.
Your best bet is to put another GFX card into your computer; doesn't need to be an excessively good one, as long as it's not an Intel integrated one.

tyvm, seems i cannot play another game due to my epic failure of a computer hahaha, ):, ehhh one day i shall save enough money to buy a computer/ better graphics card to play games newer than the year 2000, :p

Back