• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Stopped working

Zakaras

Landlubber
Hi everytime i install PANQL mod the game stops working and i need to but another mod or reinstall the game. do u have any ideas why ?

YES.

This mod is NOT compatible with GOF or GOF Eras, only stock vanilla game.
If was never successfully integrated, because a lot of code was changed, and this one is not a simple fix without a lot of trial and error.

If you installed this mod in vanilla stock game and then tried to load one of your saved games, CoAS will CTD as its not backwards compatible either.

You must start a new game, AND you must follow the order of nations as described in the mod to play each quest line or you break your game.

A better solution is to save your game, and pick your nation, get a letter of marque and complete the nation quest line.

You will need to reload this specific save to try other nations.

This way you never break your game (granted you can have only one governor title) but at least your can see all the missions.

NOTE: You can still complete the pirate quest line, BEFORE or AFTER the nation quest line of choice.

ok another question i want to have GOF and GOF eras characters in the same game but when i install both of them the older characters dissapear.
and can you offer a couple of mods that make the game more interesting besides GOF,GOF eras

Last edited:
ok another question i want to have GOF and GOF eras characters in the same game but when i install both of them the older characters dissapear.

I assume your are referring to the "Hero" Characters.
You are overwriting character files when you are dropping mod files into your game.

Simply put, this cannot be "easily" done, unless you rewrite the hero text files (hero describe and others) in the game.

I have done this with my own game, but it does require a new game to be able to see the complete list.

If you want to replace just character models, this can be done without a new game, but you need to know which characters, models, textures, and animations to replace otherwise unpredictable things will result.

STRONG Recommendation:

Pick ONE mod, NOT both, or you will be asking for problems because there are compatibility issues between GOF (1.2 or 2.0) and GOF Eras because MK made a lot of changes.
Personally, I prefer GOF Eras, because there is a lot more variety, but GOF 2.0 has less bugs.

in GOF i like that there are Will turner ,Captain Jack Sparrow and ETC but in GOF eras there are more pirates i think i will go with GOF eras 2 :) thanks for the help :)

Back