• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game won't Install

llewelyn ravencroft

Sailor Apprentice
Hello when my game Installer gets to 94% ( C:\RESOURCE\VIDEOS\BethesdaLogo.wmv) I get the following error

Component: Main Files
File Group: App Executables
File: E:\data3.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I'm using a Radeon Graphics hd 6320 graphics card
with an Amd E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65GHz

Sounds like an incomplete download, or the archive has otherwise become corrupt.
Best advice would be to download it again, as much as that could rather annoying.
Having said that, if you’ve got that far and the files were not deleted, it might work. :shrug

I think he's talking about the Unmodded game.

Are you installing from your CDs?

Examine the disc, see if there are any scratches on it because this implies it is damaged. However, because you are getting to 94% then I’m wondering if the remaining files are mostly, if not all, the videos. It’s not guaranteed to work but it should do no harm - run the install again and as soon as it hits the error, rename the installation directory before exiting the installer, and rename it back afterwards (this should avoid the installer deleting the directory because it failed, if it actually does that). Even if the there is still a problem, you might be able to install the mod over the top which might allow it to work. It’s worth a try, but if that fails then you’re probably looking at a broken disc.

Back