• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game won't start.

henrymr

Landlubber
Hi guys, i'm new here and was wondering if you could help me. I recently decided to get into playing this again, as i enjoyed it so much 8 or so years ago. It installed fine and when I start it it plays all the adds and goes to the start menu where I can, change the controls and even what the credits, however. When I start a new game the loading ball thing appears then my screen goes black and goes back to windows, not error messages seem to appear or anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail, also running it on the lowest setting etc still no joy. It's the stock game as i'd like to get that working before installing New Horizons. My computer is a stock Dell Optiplex 755 and it's running Windows XP (purchased so I could run older games such as this). Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for that, all running swimmingly now thanks to that mod :). Think it was definitely the inbuilt intel graphics card which i'm changing for a better one soon anyway.

Back